Alternative signaling methods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a picture of my safety stop on a recent drift dive trip.

GarbageBag.jpg

If someone is unwilling to invest in the correct equipment then they should not be diving.

Well of course not. You have a Report button on every post, do you not?

Whereas your style is only to ridicule ideas, rather than offering any of your own. :idk: Never have to standy behind anything you don't offer huh?

I've offered quite a bit of advice and guidance on this board and always stood behind my statements, garbage bags never entered the equation though.

Don't forget one of these for communicating with your buddy:

message-in-a-bottle-1.jpg

Well of course not. You have a Report button on every post, do you not?

Whereas your style is only to ridicule ideas, rather than offering any of your own. :idk: Never have to standy behind anything you don't offer huh?

I've read plenty of ONESPEEDS advice and I'd take it any where, any time. I wouldn't take a frickin garbage bag with me to save my soul. Go ahead and stand behind your garbage bag idea.

Wonderful idea, but like many other good ideas - just more than most divers will carry. For those who will, great.

Well, its a better idea than a garbage bag, solves the same problem, and would likely be more effective while packing smaller on the diver. All around if you're going to carry something to solve that problem, its the best solution. If a diver isn't going to try to solve that problem, then there's no point.

Oh, I don't know. The garbage bag might be useful if lost at sea ... as a shark avoidance device. Just pull it up over your fins and legs and the shark will think.... well, I don't know what it will think, but I am sure it would swim away shaking its head.

Damn, I've been unpacking from Cozumel and packing for a family camping weekend, sitting here wondering what I forgot.
Yeah, garbage bags. I think I packed the one I took to Coz, but need one for each night less the varmits get into any left on site at bedtime, and another for recyclables.
If someone is unwilling to invest in the correct equipment then they should not be diving.
And you join into the pile, ignoring my actual suggestions - which are more than most divers will buy & carry. Are you POV warriors connected on Twitter or where do you get your alerts? I guess that'll remain a gang secret.

And you join into the pile, ignoring my actual suggestions - which are more than most divers will buy & carry. Are you POV warriors connected on Twitter or where do you get your alerts? I guess that'll remain a gang secret.

Are you trying to sound important Don? Maybe like the Chairman? Try coming up with something original.

And I stand behind my statement. You are out here telling people to use half assed "equipment solutions" rather than suggesting the real equipment that they need (or should dive with) and explaining why they should be diving it. Next you will be telling people to strap a BBQ Propane tank to their back because they won't spend the money on a real tank. You get on your tangents and completely miss what people are saying to you. Go ahead and think that it is always about you Don.

You are out here telling people to use half assed "equipment solutions" rather than suggesting the real equipment that they need (or should dive with) and explaining why they should be diving it.
Bong! Wrong again. :silly:
1: Carry SMB, mirror, dive light, and compressed air whistle on every dive to make finding your easier.
I did not suggest the bag; just an extra idea that I use.
I also carry a white trash bag for a night time too; fill with air and shine light into it.

But the truth doesn't bother y'all huh?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom