Diving or Duty

• Diving

Votes: 182 90.1%
  • Duty

Votes: 20 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
take the baby diving

get it all done at once.

I agree with Catherine. You DO need water for a baptism...

I din't get to read through all the posts... Did anyone honestly say "go to the baptism?"

Just curious...

Yes, you are BAD, BAD, BAD!. ok, now that thats been established, it's time to move forward and reward yourself for your self honesty by doing something positive, like Diving.

eckybay:
Okay....Here's the deal...I'm all ready to take my AOW class. Find out that the instructor I want to take it with is offering it in August.

Being the good girlfriend, I check to make sure the other half doesn't have something going on. He suddenly recalls that it's his best friend's baby's baptism.

I passed on taking AOW last summer because it was said best friend's wedding.

So the dilemma...diving or duty... I know which one I *want* to choose...
Duty?
You have a duty to attend your own children's Baptism, and your God-children's, and your nieces & nephews. You have some duty to attend your friends' children's Baptism even though you're not a principle participant, and there's a thin thread of duty to attend all Baptisms at your own church.
But a boyfriend's best friend's baby?
That thread of duty is so thin I'd paint it more as "it's ok for your boyfriend to bring you along" than any "duty" on your part. Somehow I don't think any of the baby's family will miss you. I know that when that kind of situation comes up with me and the Lovely Young Kat, I encourage her to grab the opportunity for further education.
If he doesn't suggest you take the class on his own, I'd just tell the boyfriend "I'd really love to be there, but I have to take this opportunity to take my AOW class that I've been waiting on since before the baby was even born."
You can feel "bad" about it, or not :)
Your choice. Personally, I'd send a little silver "Baptism rattle" and go diving.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Personally, I'd send a little silver "Baptism rattle" and go diving.
How about a rattle made from shells gathered during the baptism? :D

I think we're missing the point here. Is the baby being baptised in a large body of water? LOL. Mabe you can kill 2 birds with one stone!

Diving, unless you and boyfriend are the godparents, then Duty :)

I am an agnostic heathen - I would be afraid that if I went to a baptism they would try to dunk me. I stay out of man made churches if at all possible. That is unless they have crypt then they are kinda fun. :D

Check the masculinity signs of boyfriend, and reasses relationship.

I've got an air fill that says this thread will get a response in the second half of 2009 telling you what to do, even though that was already settled many, many posts ago. Anyone want to take me up on it? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom