Andaman coast weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still got plenty of seahorses around our local islands though, even found a blue one during a night dive this week.

Did you get any pictures or were you able to ID it from a book? I have seen quite a few seahorses over the years but never a blue one.

The diver I was with took a few shots, he said he'd email me some results. It was a very pale blue, just like the corals that grow around there. The green one next to it too, just like the greeny sponge stuff there too. Never seen this one during the daytime where they hide in the wall, this one was at night and both were settled in the coral. my torch is an led one with good white light, but not blue/white!

Maggy, I'll PM you.

By the way, nice(?) devil scorpion at Ao Nui today, and whale shark reported off Koh Bida Nok (I was there yesterday)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, nice(?) devil scorpion at Ao Nui today, and whale shark reported off Koh Bida Nok (I was there yesterday)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Nice devil, nice devil, come here nice devil, I just want to pet you, you're so cute....OWWWW" Last thoughts before bolting to the surface with a swollen hand.

As for whale shark, that is the upside of all this plankton blooming. It brings in the big feeders. I saw one cruising by on the back side of Koh Ha Yai on the 18th or so. Felt bad for the two customers that had already surfaced because they were cold. Oh well. At least there were two more with me to verify I wasn't just imaging the whole thing.

Hi Limbo,

Are you posting any pictures on your blog? So a 3m should be perfect? I am heading out in 2 weeks to the Similans, can't wait. We have it tough in Thailand, 27... burr that is cold :)

Pix will be up here, on Facebook and my dive blog. Soon!

A 3mm is fine but take a rash vest for underneath, if you do 3 or 4 dives a day it will get chilly. My 5-4-3 sometimes was even chilly.
Dives are about an hour long so you need to be warm!

The diver I was with took a few shots, he said he'd email me some results. It was a very pale blue, just like the corals that grow around there. The green one next to it too, just like the greeny sponge stuff there too.

If you do get the pictures I wouldn't mind having a look at them. Either PM me or put them in this thread.

Pimalai didn't have full wetsuits, so I'm still unsure if I should bring my 5mm.

Hmm...it really takes some space in my bag (but it will be space enough) but if I don't have to, I would rather not. I also think that bouyancy control is harder with that wetsuit. Have only dived with it in the beginning and I am still a newbe, so I'm so happy that I am now much more tuned with what I need in weights with a 3mm shortie. But I hate to be cold, and I was cold after 35 minutes in a shortie at 26C this April.

Hm...9 hours to wheels off, so I have some time to decide.

What is it with this weather???!!! Today on the local islands the temperature was back up to 28C!! Vis was just awsome at 20m or so. Found all three seahorses in Talu northern swimthrough today, yellow, green and blue. I wonder if the whale shark will be out at Shark Point tomorrow, must go and check!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom