Anyone Know The Water Temps In Coz Now ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the end of the month, you'll be looking at scuba temps of about 80 degrees.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

On March 26, the water temp at depth was 78f and the DM wore a 7mm and a beanie. I was cold in my 3mm full at the end of the first dive. I wore my 5mm hood (I usually dive cold water in a drysuit) on the second dive and was comfortable.

cardzard:
We will be heading down at the end of the month and was wondering water temps. I was hoping to dive in a skin but ill drag the 3mil along if temps are to cold.

THANKS

Just got back. My computer read 81 for every dive.

Good the hear that its getting near "bath water" temps. I am heading down in a week and a half and personally like it to be all warm and toasty.

Scott101:
Good the hear that its getting near "bath water" temps. I am heading down in a week and a half and personally like it to be all warm and toasty.
Don't be fooled. When you are doing 3+ hours a day even 81 can get quite cold. I wish I had brought a little more than my 2/3 shorty.

James

James Goddard:
Don't be fooled. When you are doing 3+ hours a day even 81 can get quite cold. I wish I had brought a little more than my 2/3 shorty.

James

There is more variability among divers' response/tolerance to water temp than there is in water temp itself year round at Cozumel. I occasionally get chilled in my 3mm shorty (Coz in May), but my wife dives in a swim suit and never gets cold.

Was there a month ago. My buddy's Suunto read 81F every dive, while my DMPP said 79F every time. 80F?

Just got back today and all week temps were between 79 and 81 F. I wore a 3 mil and was comfortable. some on the boat wore no more than a reef shirt and trunks but that would have been too cold for me. Take the 3 mil and if you don't need it fine but if you do and don't have it....

Have fun, Dive safe, Butch :dazzler1:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom