Anyone Know The Water Temps In Coz Now ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got back today, and my computer shows 81° from my Friday dives.

Marc

friday april 9th it was 79 at santa rosa reef at 95 feet

Gee........

I cant wait to get there....Im used to diving the tropical rock quarries here in ohio.....where water temps are 36-40 degress at depth.......

After the sun hitting my white pale skin.....Im figuring when I jump in the waters of Cozumel Ill be screaming like a lobster tossed in a boiling pot of water........

Cant wait......30 days and counting........

:eyebrow:

NightRaven77

I dove in Lake Ontario on Saturday, it was 35F. I was toasty for a 30 minute dive. One guy had it as 33F. I was just as warm, as when I was in Cozumel, two weeks ago. In fact, I think I was cooler on the boat in Cozumel.

Just goes to show, it is all in the exposure protection.

diveborg:
<snip> water temp at depth was 78f and the DM wore a 7mm and a beanie. <snip>

I know, everyone has different tolerance, but being from Boston area and diving 7mm in upper 40's water, this made me chuckle.

Last year, temps were consistently 82, I dove a 3mm goldcore shorty. This year I'm bringing a full microprene. I'll also bring along a beanie, which I thought might come in handy in the cenotes.

You'll appreciate the beanie in the cenotes as water temps will be ~75 plus/minus a degree.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

The temps ranged from 79-81 deg f. as you well know.
Nice to run into you and your wife in Cozumel. Looking forward to seeing the pics you took especially the bat fish.
Steve

Ok, I'll be in Coz in 8 days, so, what are the water temps now? Thanks, Greg

Back
Top Bottom