Are you comfortable underwater video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yellowdog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Not for everyone I am sure but I find it interesting and would be up for the activity ( in shallow water )
ISE uses it in their rec training: "It gives an idea of the "playing around sessions" during our recreationl training. Too many diver struggle with basic things"

The exercise is appropriately named " Stations."

I described it and documented it about 55 plus years ago in in 1963-4 in the LA County UW news, For a number of years it was an active training exercise in many LA Co programs. Originally it was performed using the now "vintage" double hose regulator, which made it a very difficult exercise. Now using the modern single hose regulator the stations exercise is not as difficult but still has a degree of difficulty over the norm and requires a mastery of watermsnship

The exercise "Stations" also appeared in a number of the independently produced dive training manuals of the 60s through probably 1980s

I certainly commend you for your efforts and the demonstrated watermanship of the skin diver

What is old id also new again

SDM

Not for everyone I am sure but I find it interesting and would be up for the activity ( in shallow water )
ISE uses it in their rec training: "It gives an idea of the "playing around sessions" during our recreationl training. Too many diver struggle with basic things"

That’s pretty cool, I am a bit too lazy to set this up, but I would like certainly to try :)

That’s pretty cool, I am a bit too lazy to set this up, but I would like certainly to try :)
Agree (especially on the too lazy part). Our playing around was in the pool with those rocket torpedo things you toss. Maybe that's why the shop is called Torpedo Rays.

That looks usefull.

i did an excercise like this in the pool once. It's good practice for keeping control of yourself in less than ideal situations.

About exhaling, I think I was told this is to avoid lung being damaged by expanding air. But if you stay at the same depth, then why should you still do it ? Is it because it is safer rather than forgetting to exhale when you move up ?

I did in some of them.

In one segment, he let out few bubble but only part of the way, most of the way for that segment he was holding his breath. He should have been exhaling a steady stream of bubbles all the way.

Back
Top Bottom