Are you comfortable underwater video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About exhaling, I think I was told this is to avoid lung being damaged by expanding air. But if you stay at the same depth, then why should you still do it ? Is it because it is safer rather than forgetting to exhale when you move up ?
This. The issue with releasing air is when accending the air in your lungs will expand. So you need to slowly release air

Now add in an additional hump:

Just a tank. No first stage, no hoses, nothing. Just a tank and the valve.

Suck on that, Frogman.

¿Quien es May macho? Mike Nelson es muy macho.

Now add in an additional hump:

Just a tank. No first stage, no hoses, nothing. Just a tank and the valve.

Suck on that, Frogman.

¿Quien es May macho? Mike Nelson es muy macho.
they did.

Reactions: Doc
Come on BurhanMuntasser, it's Super Achim

He can drive a stick and talk at the same time
possibly has another valve at the other end for exhalation

hey, the time between inhalation and exhalation is the pause between inhalation and exhalation

vital for Super Buoyancy

Come on BurhanMuntasser, it's Super Achim

Lol, I know him very well. I often argued with him about his driving and taping a video while driving on his YouTube channel.

It should be continuous bubbles when not breathing normally. I wonder what his reasoning/rationalization will be actually. BTW, it is more "challenging" to be exhaling all the time between stations IMO.

P.S. You now reminded me to leave him a message about his driving and taping a video while driving. He had a video come out few days ago doing this and I forgot to comment. I am going to do it now, thank you :)

About exhaling, I think I was told this is to avoid lung being damaged by expanding air. But if you stay at the same depth, then why should you still do it ? Is it because it is safer rather than forgetting to exhale when you move up ?
Yes. In the OW course you are told to do it so the instructor KNOWS you aren't holding your breath (or more correctly, closing off your Air passage). That is also why you are told to make an "Ahhhhh" sound while ascending during the CESA skill. But, though you would be OK if you don't ascend (photographers hold their breath while taking a pic. so the bubbles won't scare the subject), it is wise to blow bubbles if your reg is out. There is the one in a million time you may ascend with the Airway closed if you do hold your breath at a constant depth. Ie. -- always have access to a spare car key for that one time you're locked out.

You never want to be in a situation we’re you are not thinking about lung expansion. He was exhaling bubbles but not consistently. Yes, you can go horizontally without exhaling, but let’s say he swam face first into a rock and shoots tothe surface. Would you necessarily remember at that point to exhale on the way to the surface? After the first tank he held his breath between each station and they never showed how he did his ascent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom