Asia in August 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Jason
greetings from Arenui Liveaboard!
Would you like to consider our Grand Komodo cruise (click this link to download our PDF facts sheet) scheduled for 31 July-11 August?
Komodo is rated amongst the top 5 word's destinations and it's a great place for macro lovers.
Also, destinations between Bali and Komodo (e.g. Satonda and Pulau Mojo) offer very interesting macro sites. In case you decide to join Arenui, you can save 25% on our published rate booking before 2010, March 31st.
If you don't know yet our liveaboard please check our website and our photo-gallery.
Have a good day!
Luigi

Luigi,

Thanks for the posting. Interestingly enough, I was not familiar with the Aranui until two weeks ago when I was in Raja Ampat and saw your boat. Very impressive and I am certainly interested in a Komodo trip. My general preference for such a trip is to start or end in Bali with the other end point being Labuan Bajo. While I see that your trip has a Bali-Bali itinerary, let me give this some thought.

Jason

Dear Jason
great to hear that you got the chance to see Arenui in Sorong.
We do have a cruise Bali-Labuanbajo scheduled for 26 Oct-6 Nov 2010.
Would you consider these dates?
Cheers
Luigi

KOMODO! This is truly an amazing area. Mantas, sharks, dolphins and tons of rare critters. Very rich area. Northern part generally good visibility and warm water, southern can be colder and lower visibility. Possibility to see the dragons too. I did about 2000 dives here and I really miss it. Check out Komodo liveaboards or just mail us. We would be glad to help you.

Hi Jason,

I think Komodo area is very good for a mix of extremely good macro / muck dives, as well as big encounters like mantas, sharks and even Mola-molas. Check out Scuba Dive Asia / Indonesia Liveaboards and feel free to ask questions!
August is a great time to dive the area. You will also get the opportunity to see the Komodo Dragons and discover amazing scenery. You wont be disappointed!

Hi Jason.....
Looks like you have received plenty of great advice. We were lucky enough to do a Komodo liveaboard last year, end of August- start of September with Mermaid 1. Fantastic boat and staff. Some of the best muck diving we did was actually on black sand around volcanoes on route from Bali and definitely on the way back....I think each trip is defferent depending on conditions but worth checking if you like the tiny critters.
If you like chilling out, we were in Weh last July for a month, staying at fantastic Lumba Lumba, great weather, good vis, yes some currents but that's one of the reasons why Weh and Komodo offer the marine life they do......enjoy

Well everyone, I really appreciate the good advice. After a lot of thought and discussion with my friend who will be joining me on this, we decided on Komodo. Although we probably would have chosen this destination anyway, they recently offered a USD500 discount for Komodo trips this year. That sealed it and we are going in mid-August. You can expect a full, and detailed, trip report upon my return.

Other places that got my attention and that I WILL visit are Alor and Palau Weh. I also looked at Walea and think that I would be happy there as well. Too many places to dive and too little time!!

Jason

Hello Jason ,

Greetings , Have you choosed a dive destination for your Aug dive vacation. Well am from Maldives . we do operate a liveaboard in Maldives and i believe Maldives is a good choice to dive . August is good period for Manta season in Maldives . Maldives have gain reputation and word been spreading for its Unique ground for Manta Feeding Frenzy . Maldives you can expect to see whale shark also around the year.
Manta Rays Photo, Hanifaru Bay Wallpaper - National Geographic Photo of the Day

We do have a tour on our liveaboard from 6th to 13th Aug , for Manta Expedition going to Baa atoll . if intrested you are always welcome .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom