Ask A Cop!!! Post Your Questions Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding your quota answer - I was a cop in the early/mid 90s and the department I worked for had a quota. They didn't call it that, but if you didn't meet it for a couple of months you got counseled. There was a quota for traffic citations and DUIs. I don't think things have changed much in the past 10 years either.

Donuts - only behind closed doors with us. We made the dispatcher buy them before shift. :D

Tell us a funny anecdote! :)

What's the most funniest situation you've experienced?

What's the most embarassing situation you've experienced? :)

btw: I love supertroopers! (did you see my reference in your thread about shaving the moustache? :))

TJcop:
1. Is there a quota? - No
Sure
TJcop:
2. Doughnuts? - sometimes
Remember, it starts with doughnuts and leads to the hard stuff, just like pot
TJcop:
4. Aren't cops all a-holes
ahem
TJcop:
5. Are radar detectors legal? - Depends on your local laws.
6. Do radar detectors work? - Depends
Don't leave home without one

What is the point of having a law for front liscence plates , window tint, only allowing lane splitting on motorcycles in one state. Motorcycles should be able to cruise buy while the yuppies are trapt in traffic in there gas guzzeling SUVs. What is the point of patroling a deserted road in the middle of no where and pulling the one drivier in a hour, over for speeding .
Why don't all states have "while children are present "signs in school zones , is it just to make more money thru out the day .I could go on and on

ianr33:
What is the purpose of speeding tickets? To increase safety or to raise revenue?

Increase safety. A lot of deptments, including my own, wont ever see the revenue generated from citations, so theres no incentive, money wise, to issue a ticket. Its basicly setting some sort of punishment for commiting an illegal act. I dont usually issue a ticket, unless the individual was grossly speeding, has an attitude, or has commited multiple violations.

To answer a few of the earlier questions, I carry a Berretta 9mm, used to carry a Glock 22, practice weekly, qualify twice a year. No we dont have quota for tickets, its actually been decided by many states that thats an illegal practice.

Obviously I'm in LE as well, for over 10 years.

Feel free to ask me any questions as well. This is a good idea for a thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom