Ask A Cop!!! Post Your Questions Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont:
is it illegal to take a left turn when there are pedestrians in the crosswalk and block oncoming traffic?
If the pedestrians were in the crosswalk legally (on a green light and/or walk signal), then they have the right-of-way and traffic MUST yield to them. In Wisconsin, you only have to wait for them to be out of your way, then you can continue.

Trinigordo:
TJ what is your opinion on drugs, specifically marijuana in personal use quantities?
I'm against the use of Marijuana...in any quantity. I've personally never tried it, and have no intentions on ever doing so. I've arrested unknown numbers for possession of Marijuana (actually, it's possession of THC, the chemical in Marijuana), but I've also given some people breaks.

In california, what are the penalties for having fireworks in a county that doesnt allow any fireworks. What about illegal fireworks in a county that does allow normal fireworks?

Police in L.A. typically don't cite for fireworks.....they frequently just steal them, then take them home for their kids or go out drinking with their fellow cop buddies and blow stuff up.

As to marijuana, many drugs were criminalized by the control freak government as a way to lash back at counterculture. Cocaine posession/use was criminalized by the goverment who thought that it would produce "...superhuman, super-sexual negro cocaine fiends who would go on violent rampages and rape caucasian women and then kill caucasian men."

Marijuana was banned in some areas because they were worried that it was the end-game of those who used opium who would eventually end up using marijuana. The 1st state to criminalize it was Utah. Mormons who traveled to Mexico in 1910 came back to Salt Lake City with marijuana. The church was not pleased and ruled against use of the drug. Since the state of Utah automatically enshrined church doctrine into law, the first state marijuana prohibition was established in 1915.

I personally question the wisdom of anyone putting burning leaves in their lips and inhaling the combustion byproducts, and it seems rather bizarre to consume any drug knowing that it may cause you to loose control, but there are plenty of very pleasurable things to do with positiver health benefits without resorting to drug use, so they hold no facination for me.

However, to penalize people with stupid laws for using drugs while making other drugs like caffeine and alcohol legal seems hypocritical. Especialyl laws that allow people to abuse opiate derivatives like percocet, darvocet, oxycontin, then diazempams like ambien, soma, etc, as long as the physicians and pharmaceuticals get a piece of the financial action is the height of hypocrisy.

The upside to legalization is it would reduce drug trafficking violent crimes, home burglaries to support habits, etc and taxation revenue would be generated, with the downside is people would be killing other people via driving under the influence.

The war on drugs has been a total and complete waste of time, taxpayers $, cops time who could be fighting real crime instead, and has stopped drug use about as well as prohibition stopped alcohol use. It has resulted in a slow, steady and near complete erosion of your Constitutional Rights under the 4th and 5th Amendments.

One of the penalties is having your house blown clean off of it's foundation. Do you remember that recent story.

My cousin is a cop, and last night his wife was saying that a letter was mailed to the familys of all of the cops to be alert if they see anyone strange in their neighborhoods, as there has been a recent string of people following cops home from work, and one was even killed in their driveway. She made the comment that at least they have an unlisted number so anyone he arrests can't get his address. I grabed my handy computer and proved her wrong.

So my question is do you know of anyway that a police officer can have thier information removed from some of these public websites for safety reasons?

Polly,

Most cops register their vehicles to City Hall. I personally have a P.O. Box both on my registration and my drivers license as well as voter registration. The DMV tried to unlawfully refuse to give me a DL renewal, but rather than arguing with those government idiots, I just told them I lived on a boat and therfore had to have a P.O. Box as the US mail doesn't deliver to boats. As to voter registration, I told them I was homeless (I took off my Breitling watch 1st) and stared them right in the eye like I was waiting for them to hassle me. In my police academy we learned all sorts of ways bad people find good people to harm them. Your personal info is nobody elses business, and that includes the government.

If you own property, you have to set up a blind trust and have the property registered to the trust, otherwise I can find anyone in about 30 seconds on the computer with DataQuick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom