Atomic Cobalt 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not dived with it yet. So if I had, it would not have erased my name and phone number when it reset. The state of the last dive would have been with the user name Atomic.

That's right. Once you have a dive on it with your personal information, that's what it will stick with.

Ron

Ron,

Is it possible when the count down timer on Deco, Deep and Safety stops appears to somehow "switch" or "toggle" to a larger dedicated timer screen? Similar to how the compass works with the left arrow.

Another 50 year old grazer with tired eyes. :wink:

Michael

Just so you don’t think we are ignoring suggestions, we are now testing a firmware version for both Cobalt 1 and 2 that does just this- “pops” the countdown time to a bigger display, and the stopwatch numbers to a much larger font when the timer is counting down. Thanks for the nudge and the ideas.

Ron

11 dives in Cozumel last two weeks with my new Cobalt 2. Was able to complete my PADI advanced diving course in 5 dives plus complete it all with Nitrox. Would not have been so easy without my Cobalt 2 computer. Intuitive and super easy to use. Recommend to newbies and experienced divers alike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just so you don’t think we are ignoring suggestions, we are now testing a firmware version for both Cobalt 1 and 2 that does just this- “pops” the countdown time to a bigger display, and the stopwatch numbers to a much larger font when the timer is counting down. Thanks for the nudge and the ideas.

Ron

That is AWSOME. Nothing makes more happy then backwards comparability on something like that (understood, in testing though).

Ron

How is it coming with this firmware? I have really enjoyed my Cobalt 2. Very easy to use and incredibly intuitive. Would be great if the countdown timer was larger. I will say that the alarms are loud.

Terry

Hope I don't step on Ron's toes here but I have been using this firmware for a couple of weeks now, and it is just what I needed, I can now read the safety stop timer without magnification. It seems to work well, I would imagine they will release it soon, Ron is probably fine tuning it. I look forward to even more refinements in the future. I really like this computor.
sin city

You beat me to the reply, but yes, we have some folks who had expressed an interest trying out the Cobalt 2 version now. It's still technically beta firmware and not on Atomic's site yet. The Cobalt 1 version with the same features is a little behind this, and not yet ready for beta test.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom