Austin Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep in mind the Solo course is really Solo for recreational limits. You should go tech if you plan to dive past 60ft solo(not that someone will certify you to do that).

AFAIK the PADI Self Reliant sets the limit at 100'. Still, is there a comprehensive list of tech diving instructors in Austin? I'm looking for someone who doesn't have a God complex and yet still challenges students to perform to high standards.

AFAIK the PADI Self Reliant sets the limit at 100'. Still, is there a comprehensive list of tech diving instructors in Austin? I'm looking for someone who doesn't have a God complex and yet still challenges students to perform to high standards.

Paul or Matt are your two go to instructors.

AFAIK the PADI Self Reliant sets the limit at 100'

Yep...100' is the max depth for the the training dives while conducting the PADI Self-Reliant Diver course. The instructor manual doesn't specify a max depth for post-training dives.

I would suggest to any diver that they base their dive plan around their own experience, comfort, conditions, equipment, gas supply/consumption rate and other factors.

Can someone post contact info for Paul and Matt? Sorry if I missed it. Thanks

sent you a PM with their info and a small plug haha :D

Back
Top Bottom