Baggage Rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks scuby...I do try....
I always carry my computer and cameras as carry on...and my regs too...needless to say that sets off a few alarms....

actually....either "they" search me like crazy....or they know diving gear and leave me alone.

the only catch is....you now have to put your bags through an xray before ever hitting the airlines counter....so ... if you set of an alarm there with your bc...and you have to pull it out....then the person at the counter would know for sure you have diving gear....

now where i normally fly out of...and i shall not mention where that is here...born ugly...not stupid....delta has never given me a problem at all....the only airline i ever had problems with was US AIR...they were real....never mind!!!!

but i would say...def get away from any bag with a dive symbol or name on it....(put the ego away)....convert to a "tupperware" box in a duffle bag...and just cool it with the carry on.....

I would guess those traveling with a back plate, harness, and wing would be able to get away easy if they pack it pieces and explain the wing as a.....ummmm....well you could call it a pillow. They you have a pillow, a piece of steel plate, and some webbing. That would be a good explination i think or maybe good for a laugh.

I agree, 12voltman. Just maintain your cool and let them see that divers are cool under pressure and always have time to explain their sport to those unfamiliar with scuba diving.

I just took this from the Delta website- so it looks like their policy changed. Maybe this is old news...

Scuba Equipment
Scuba diving equipment will be accepted as checked baggage and will always be subject to an excess baggage charge. One dive bag containing scuba equipment, other than an empty dive tank, may be accepted as part of the free baggage allowance. An empty dive tank will not be included in determining the free baggage allowance and will always be subject to an $80 fee. Scuba equipment accepted in excess of the free baggage allowance will be assessed the appropriate fee based on destination.

Back
Top Bottom