Bali Trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dustin,
Nice write-up. Thanks. I'm planning some diving in Tulamben/Amed next week. Any recommendation on operators?
Thanks,
Morgan

Liberty Dive in Tulamben is a no-brainer. I did 19 dives with them in early September. Free Nitrox and one-on-one dive guide (and mine was extremely good at finding small critters)

Very nice report. Our group is headed that way in a few days. Thanks for the heads up about the monkey forest.

Dustin,
Nice write-up. Thanks. I'm planning some diving in Tulamben/Amed next week. Any recommendation on operators?
Thanks,
Morgan

I've used Liberty twice, great operation, private guide, free nitrox and you can pick your dive time, which I really like as I don't have to get up early.

Thank you for the informative report. I am heading there the week after next. Can I just show up at a dive shop the day before and arrange for the next days dive? I will probably finish reading up more closely (to plan a diving itinerary) on Bali dive sites just in time for the flight, or maybe I might just manage to decide where to dive and with whom on each day - a few days before that. Hence the question. All I have planned at this stage is 3 days of diving at Komodo from LBJ.

Pearlman

I know it is wet season but is it worth going to Bali in February? Trying to put a trip together and collecting alternatives, Raja seems extremely expensive (I see 4k+ prices for a week...).

True, I also found an interesting place on Banda (Moluccas) - less big stuff but calmer weather and definitely less current than in the Komodo washing machine.
There is also Ambon and Alor.

I would not recommend Alor in February.
... but yes february is peak season for Maluku (Ambon, Banda, Lease islands).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom