Suggestion Bannings...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
The Chairman

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OK gang... give me some input.

What should (if anything) warrant a temp ban (5 day suspension)?

What should (if anything) warrant a perm ban?

MikeS:
What difference does it make? Perhaps if you looked at the board as an exchange of information, a way for divers to help each other out, rather than some type of debate or contest you’re you can win, you wouldn’t be so concerned.

If it upsets you, why are you staying in a DIR thread? Get over it and move on. To me it looks like you baiting them into violating the TOS so then you can say you won.

Mike

What's wrong with debate?

If honest debate incites someone to name-calling, the person who raised the issue (that the name-caller either could not or simply refused to respond to constructively) isn't the "bad guy."

That is, if the rules are evenly applied.

If they're not, then they are not rules. Indeed, if the rules are not evenly applied then it is also reasonable to assume that someone who has done nothing against the TOS may be banned on a whim - after all, if you will ignore the facts that support censure, you might ignore the lack of facts and issue a censure just for grins and giggles.

Once the first is apparent the integrity of the process has been imperiled. If it persists to the point that it becomes blatent (e.g. the "STFU" comments that were made) that integrity has been not just imperiled but destroyed.

cornfed:
Fine, if they make me a "guest moderator" I promise the first thing I'll do is go play wack-a-mole with all the DIR "partisans"!

My second action will be to impose a word limit on you! :D

ROTFLMAO !!!

Drew, how do you know Pete is not a DIR-partisan? He is NAUI. And NAUI is very hogarthian. And it is a very slippery slope from hogarthian to DIR and then to gooie.

Speak softly, and be careful with that wacking-stick.

IndigoBlue:
Speak softly, and be careful with that wacking-stick.
Third order of business... crocodile skin purses for everyone! :D

If you comply with the TOS, does this make you a tosser? :)

How about Spam??? How do you define spam??? The TOS says you can get banned for it I think, so how does one define spam?? (NetDoc can you answer this please??)

Does it mean I can't post stuff about canned 'meat'??? doh!

Karl,

Whenever you go fishing, do you care that you didn't catch all the fish in the sea? Do you throw back the ones you managed to catch so as to be fair to all? Again, we have 20,000 users for 20 regulators with limited resources. When you can afford to make all of us full time moderators then we can do a far more consistent job.

Pete, don't get me wrong - I understand you have limited resources available......

Make 'yall full-time moderators eh? :D Hmmmm...... :devil:

cornfed:
Actually... I'd like some feed back from you guys. I'd like to hear the moderators take on some of the ideas suggested.

I like the idea that has been mentioned to change their member status to read something like "TOS violation 4" (where the TOS would have to list reasons) I don't know if this truely possible, but that way there is a clear list of where the person went wrong.

I also like the idea that a suspension should take place first if at all possible.

I think putting time limits on a member puts a limit only useful to the point of "If I behave for 6 months I can then do *** again" sort of useless.

Sometimes lines need to be drawn, and consequences arise. IMHO - We (the mods) will never have everyone happy us, the best we can strive to to is be consistent. If we ban Ckharlan66 (sorry Chad, but have to get back at you for the bug laugh) for violating the TOS by using profanity, then DivingGal must have the same ban if she does the same....

well there's some of my thoughts...

DivingGal:
If we ban Ckharlan66 (sorry Chad, but have to get back at you for the bug laugh) for violating the TOS by using profanity, then DivingGal must have the same ban if she does the same....

In this case, based on one of the reasons I've been told that one of the recently booted persons achieved that status, I suggest a peek back at the infamous "hottest male" and "hottest female" threads. There should be many bans to be found within and some will likely be for moderators as well.

WW

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom