Best Dry Glove Ring System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm...all this talk about the Kubi's really has my interest. I was going to pick up a new 4th element drysuit, and I was planning on putting the antares on it - but I never really liked the antares on my old suit, I just really liked the low profile. I had looked into the Kubi system before, but stayed away because I really wanted a quick change seal system. Now that they offer the option of quick change seals, I really will have to consider this heavily. I was planning on ordering in the next week, so I won't get the chance to see how they turn out for you buddha, but you may well have convinced me to give them a try anyway...my only concern is that the 90mm rings might be a bit too small for me, I have pretty big mitts to wedge through those things, and I don't figure the aluminum rings will be any kind of forgiving!

Last edited:
Just get the normal kubi rings in over ten years of diving a drysuit J have never once ripped or torn a wrist seal. Also if you have the rings attached to the suit and the seal rips it will stop at the ring system. It's still diveable just not seal underneath the glove.

Something to think about there might save you some cash. Plus wrist seals are very easy to change out. 15 mins tops.

Regards

Steve

An update on the Kubi fitted rings for anyone interested.

I stumbled across this blog. I'm looking into it further to see if issue has been resolved:

rectotec: KUBI FITTED DRY GLOVE SYSTEM

Hope my linking this blog is OK, figure that as its already on the net and easily accessible should be.

---------- Post added October 5th, 2015 at 04:11 AM ----------

Hmmm...all this talk about the Kubi's really has my interest. I was going to pick up a new 4th element drysuit, and I was planning on putting the antares on it - but I never really liked the antares on my old suit, I just really liked the low profile. I had looked into the Kubi system before, but stayed away because I really wanted a quick change seal system. Now that they offer the option of quick change seals, I really will have to consider this heavily. I was planning on ordering in the next week, so I won't get the chance to see how they turn out for you buddha, but you may well have convinced me to give them a try anyway...my only concern is that the 90mm rings might be a bit too small for me, I have pretty big mitts to wedge through those things, and I don't figure the aluminum rings will be any kind of forgiving!

The standard non fitting Kubis I recommend without hesitation, not a single leak in two years. The fitted I'm still looking into. Will post more once I have more info or get them fitted myself.

---------- Post added October 5th, 2015 at 09:57 PM ----------

I've sent out some emails, am just waiting for replies.

---------- Post added October 6th, 2015 at 05:02 AM ----------

Spoke with Mr. "Kubi" and the international distributor in the UK. There were some reports of leakage with the first batch sent out a few months ago. The offending O ring has been changed and is now red in colour as opposed to the original black. All sets sent out in the last month have the newer red O ring but older stock needs to be changed by retailer. I'm unsure if Kubi sent out an official notice. I've passed this info into DRIS. So if anyone out there has the fitted system and is experiencing a leak just change out the black sealing O ring to red and you should be good to go. Your dealer should replace it FOC I believe. Still waiting to hear back from an actual end user I contacted. Cheers.

---------- Post added October 6th, 2015 at 05:04 AM ----------

It's strange that new information posted a day later is tagged onto last post, this makes it easy to miss any updated info. Can this be fixed?

---------- Post added October 6th, 2015 at 05:06 AM ----------

New info above.

Does anyone have experience with Northern Diver ring system?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And where has the "edit" tab gone?

---------- Post added October 6th, 2015 at 06:58 AM ----------

Found it, I guess as original post has passed limit of edit even though it allows adding to existing post. I think this needs to be sorted out.

I have the si tech glove lock system. They are a good system (easy on and off at the dive). I have had a few leaks do to operator error (forget oring and got the glove liner caught up in it). The real problem I have with these is the size. The rings are large and can get in the way of clipping things off.
Are the Kubi rings that much smaller (outside diameter)? Thinking of going for a new dui suit and Dui zip gloves to get away from the bulk (but like my hands free before and after dives).

Depends on the size or your hands and ring required. They come in 3 sizes, I have small hands and use the smallest rings, 80mm, they are much smaller than the sitech rings I've seen.

Sooooo this thread should be changed to "kubi gloves".......?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, they are the best out there.

Regards

Steve

I just ordered a Kubi setup from DRiS. I sure hope they are as awesome as y'all say they are! :dance:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom