Best meal by Restaurant in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Moro is my all-time favorite primarily due to Ray being a humble and wonderful host as he welcomes us into his place. The "comfort food" he serves and the Mayan culture and history he provides always is memorable.
For a meat-lover Al Pie del Carbon is another personal favorite followed closely by Del Sur.
On the windward side Pointe Moreno and Chin Rios.

Wow, everyone seems to missed hidden gem :) La Morena. Try their Marisco plate for 2.

My husband and I are arriving in a couple of weeks, so I've been following this thread with great interest and anticipation. We have been to Cozumel many times, but always anticipate trying something new on each visit. Because of the upcoming visit, I've compiled this "menu list" into a form that I hope will be easy reference for my upcoming visit. I share with you all in gratitude for your great input.

Oh -- my most memorable meal on Cozumel was at Alberto's on the beach (close to Occidental Grand). Flash friend whole red snapper.

I'm really new at trying to attach a file. If someone else can clean it up, please feel free.

Carole

Attachments

• cozfavoritedishes.pdf
    28.7 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
At El Foco:(1) Tacos El Foco Especial (beef, chorizo, onions, and cheese) and (2) Tacos Azteka Especial (beef, cactus, and cheese.
At Casa Denis: (1) crema de chaya (cream of chaya soup) and camorro pibil (pork "calf", meaning the lower part of the leg), particularly with the "no gringo salsa"; (2) paunches.
At Del Sur Empanads: (1) chorizo empandas and del sur empanadas (with plum, bacon, and cheese); and (2) grilled sweetbreads. I've had the sweetbreads three times. The first time they were the best sweetbreads I've ever had (and I order them whenever they are on the menu). The second time they were not very good, and the third time, they were OK.
At Kinta: another vote for the Porky Pasilla. The squash blossom appetizer was also outstanding.
At the museum cafe: scrambled eggs with chaya. i can't remember the name in Spanish. They are only on the Spanish menu, along with several other dishes that don't appear on the English menu.
At La Perlita: Shrimp tacos. I also had pez de leon (lionfish), which had a great sauce, but the fish itself was overcooked.

I agree with so many posts here. I love love love the fish tacos at Rock n Java and of course a couple Mango margaritas!!!

Rock-n-java is another one of those places where all the food is really good, with many healthy choices. they even have whole wheat pancakes and tortillas! I love the black bean nachos!

& Lisa's desserts!!!! worth the plane ride alone!

My husband and I are arriving in a couple of weeks, so I've been following this thread with great interest and anticipation. We have been to Cozumel many times, but always anticipate trying something new on each visit. Because of the upcoming visit, I've compiled this "menu list" into a form that I hope will be easy reference for my upcoming visit. I share with you all in gratitude for your great input.

Oh -- my most memorable meal on Cozumel was at Alberto's on the beach (close to Occidental Grand). Flash friend whole red snapper.

I'm really new at trying to attach a file. If someone else can clean it up, please feel free.

Carole

Thanks for consolidating Carole! I figure that if I can maintain 8 dives per day I shouldn't have to worry about putting on any weight this trip :D

Lobster and bacon sandwich at Le Chef.

"Del Sur" empanadas at Del Sur Empanadas.

Pescado Maya (pretty much Tikin Xic) at La Candela.

Super Shrimp at Mezcalito's.

"The food" at Kinta, particularly specials.

ok, they keep popping into my head. I haven't been to the island since Mike sold The French Quarter, so I don't know how much they changed the menu.

If they still have them and you are in the mood for something REALLY different ( for Coz), Mike's Ribs are some the best bbq ribs I've had this side of Gate's BBQ in Kansas City.

Marquesitas (sp) from the carts in the square (especially during Carnival) is another one I forgot to add as well. Flamethrower and Key Lime pie at Tony Romes. Somebody had mentioned El Foco, it use to be a must stop but it has gotten more expensive and the quality has gone down a little, but late at night after a few beers it is good.
Most everything at Le Chef is good.
Al Pie del Carbon - Queso con Chorizo for an appetizer is phenomenal.
The problem we have is there are so many places we like to eat each trip it is hard to go find new ones, but each trip we attempt to try at least 3-4 new places. I guess we need to start staying a month at a time now. Now I am hungry, and needing to book airfare to Coz stat.

Last night we ate at La Perlita and most of us ate lionfish. The best was a dish I can neither spell nor pronounce but it was basically lionfish prepared the same way as coconut shrimp. It was one of the best seafood dishes I have ever tasted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom