Beware!!! - BAD OLYMPUS SERVICE !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda:
Just to add a note of levity - Guess what I got in the mail from Olympus today ?????

A bill for $195.74. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Seems the billing department works fine!
78.gif

I'm glad I haven't had any problems with my old Olympus (knock on wood). I've had thoughts from time to time to get a newer model. You've given me more info to consider before jumping with another Oly.

I once bought an Oly digital camera (1.3MP) and it worked perfectly... But when it stopped working and I sent it for repair they wanted me to pay first and then they will have a look at it...

I told them to forget about it and just give it back to me, which they did! Of course after that camera was already functional...

I now only use Canon photo equipment...

hvulin:
I once bought an Oly digital camera (1.3MP) and it worked perfectly... But when it stopped working and I sent it for repair they wanted me to pay first and then they will have a look at it...

I told them to forget about it and just give it back to me, which they did! Of course after that camera was already functional...

I now only use Canon photo equipment...

Was it under warranty?

What was wrong with the camera?

How old was it?

Don't count on getting any better service from Canon, or any camera manufacture for that matter. Also authorized service centers are NOT necessarily owned or operated by the camera manufacture.

If a camera is out of warranty, EVERY manufacture is going to want you to PAY for an estimate. The trick is to find an authorized service center, or someone that you trust that will only charge a nominal fee for the work.

MACK, which is authorized to fix just about anything, I believe charges $15 for an estimate.... add shipping to that.

We'll, I guess I'm having these problems because, with God's help, I can handle them :D.

All seemed to be OK with the camera until I put the strobe / housing / camera together this afternoon (yes the strobe came in and works great!). The camera LCD started to blink and said low battery so I changed the batteries. The camera with freshly charged batteries would show the start screen and go blank when I turned it on. When I turned the camera off it would show the shut down screen. Now it's just black. I'm hoping a new set of batteries will help but I kinda think service is again in the future. Any ideas out there before you see a grown man cry? I'm gonna post this in a thread by itself to see if I can get some help.

Ain't camera stuff fun?!? :D

I'm glad it was just a battery problem. I'm still hoping to get a Nocturnal Lights SL50 to put on the rig for movie mode and focus / fill in light. I need to have a camera to put all this junk on :laughing:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom