Bicycle inner tube use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I go to a store like Wal-mart or other store and pick a tire that is wide in width and length. Usually $5. Enough to last a long time.

I’m not using a bp/w. I have a Zeagle Ranger. I haven’t looked yet to see if I can detach some of the straps.
I was hoping for a way to use a tube piece on a d-ring as well as a strap. I really want a good way to keep my light stowed away until I need it.

I’m not using a bp/w. I have a Zeagle Ranger. I haven’t looked yet to see if I can detach some of the straps.
I was hoping for a way to use a tube piece on a d-ring as well as a strap. I really want a good way to keep my light stowed away until I need it.
Not seen a ranger IRL but looking at the images there are clips on the section of webbing from the shoulders to the waist to detach one from the other. Should be able to work a loop over them with a bit of finenessing (and possibly hot water to make the loop a bit softer and easier to handle).

I have a BP&W and I have loops in that position - one for each torch (I have two identical ones as opposed to a main & backup). Works great.

Just practise a bit with them and you will end up being able to take the torch out, use it and re stow it without looking (which comes in handy sometimes).

Do you guys just order new bycicles tubes and cut them ?
1. Find free bike on craigslist
2. Get bike
3. Take innertube
4. Put free bike ad on craigslist.

I love the free section on CL. I wouldn't have all my scuba gear without it.

Strips of inner tube + molle pouch. Will slide around unless tied off to a d-ring or triglide:
20181222_131759.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom