BP/W for my first purchase + weighting ques

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine is in the mail! Super psyched, can’t wait.

Me too! Mine is used, sort if a hand-me-down deal, 94 lbs, double bladder,, with Scubapro Air2. I'm getting the system serviced and the redundant inflator replaced. Probably too big for my needs, buy I'm excited to try it too.

Me too! Mine is used, sort if a hand-me-down deal, 94 lbs, double bladder,, with Scubapro Air2. I'm getting the system serviced and the redundant inflator replaced. Probably too big for my needs, buy I'm excited to try it too.
Begin looking for a new wing, don't even bother having that thing serviced. There's no possible reason you need something that big and it's just going to cause problems trapping air.

Are you diving a single tank or a double setup?

-Z

A 94 lb wing with a double inflator sounds like my absolute worst nightmare. I guess you could fill it with helium and turn it into combination diving wing/weather balloon. You could rocket to the surface and just keep going. With a little luck on the prevailing winds you might even make it home and save some money on airfare.

And an Air2? Wow....

This :thumb:
upload_2021-2-14_10-43-4.gif

Are you diving a single tank or a double setup?

-Z

The plan currently is to get it back from service and take it to the pool to see how it goes, single tank for now. I've heard many concerns about it, but I also heard from people that have this setup that they can dive this setup with no issues. So I will have to find out for myself I guess.

A 94 lb wing with a double inflator sounds like my absolute worst nightmare. I guess you could fill it with helium and turn it into combination diving wing/weather balloon. You could rocket to the surface and just keep going. With a little luck on the prevailing winds you might even make it home and save some money on airfare.

And an Air2? Wow....

No need for helium to fly with this setup. That is why they are called "wings" ;-)

Not sure if the Air2 is staying, I may switch to a traditional octopus depending on how it breaths.

@James Maggio :

Also make sure you adjust the harness & position of the plate correctly. Refer to the following video. He provides very good instructions on the installation/adjustment of the harness to your backplate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom