BP/W is just a tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must say that I am a little disappointed with Tobin for being so radical and one one sided when it comes to BP/W.
As a new diver I am up to try anything that will help me become a better diver. Everyone on this site praises DSS for their service and quality of the products. I still think I will go to them when I decide to purchase a BP/W but the unabashed attacks on the OP's post which was very positive has left a bad taste in my mouth. JMO :burnout:

Please tell me exactly what I've posted in this thread you consider an attack on anybody.

When we get to the point when one cannot disagree without being accused of attacking the value of discussion forums has been greatly diminished.

Tobin

I must say that I am a little disappointed with Tobin for being so radical and one one sided when it comes to BP/W.
As a new diver I am up to try anything that will help me become a better diver. Everyone on this site praises DSS for their service and quality of the products. I still think I will go to them when I decide to purchase a BP/W but the unabashed attacks on the OP's post which was very positive has left a bad taste in my mouth. JMO :burnout:

Whoa.....I can not see how anyone could construe Tobin's posts as attacks....

In fact, this thread has been very reserved, and you should see that most of the contributors on both sides of the issue, have really tried to go for the real truths to this issue.

Also, posts by a brand new diver, no matter how brilliant they may be, can not be considered as "equal" in merit to someone with massive experience in a technical issue like this.

In fact, scubaboard would be WORTHLESS if incorrect views would be left unchallenged, in the manner of ads in scuba magaines like ROdales ( the absolute nonsense of "their testing" of gear provided to them by paid advertisers).
Regards,
DanV

In fact, scubaboard would be WORTHLESS if incorrect views would be left unchallenged, in the manner of ads in scuba magaines like ROdales ( the absolute nonsense of "their testing" of gear provided to them by paid advertisers).

Do you have proof to support this statement...or is this yet another anecdotal assertion from the BP&W fringe ?; -)

I agree with Mpetryk...something in the water is making SB a hostile place. Since I joined, I've made it a point to try and read as many posts as I possibly can each day. It is discouraging how many people feel the need to defend their opinions ad nauseum.

I have very strong opinions on a number of different subjects. And, if you ask, I will offer you my opinion as just that....the opinion of one man. Take it or leave it. It's not that I don't care about whatever subject we are discussing, but rather that I realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and just because it differs from my own doesn't mean that it is wrong. It is right for them and that is good enough for me.

I just don't understand why people feel the need to not only present their opinion but also to convert everyone else to their way of doing things.

As a businessman, I feel certain that, if one set of equipment existed that was perfectly suited to every individual and was so incredibly superior to everything else, we would not be having these discussions.

Just so we are clear...this is only my humble opinion and I will not be defending it.

Blow.fish, are you asking whether Dan has any proof that the reviews in the magazines are biased due to having been paid for? I doubt he has proof, but I agree with him, and I think anyone who reads the reviews on a regular basis will notice that they are NEVER negative, and that ads for the companies whose gear is reviewed appear in the magazine. It is very difficult for a magazine which depends on advertising dollars for survival to publish a truly negative review of a product made by an advertiser.

I just don't understand why people feel the need to not only present their opinion but also to convert everyone else to their way of doing things.

As a businessman, I feel certain that, if one set of equipment existed that was perfectly suited to every individual and was so incredibly superior to everything else, we would not be having these discussions.

As a businessman I attempt to emulate the experts in my field. In overwhelming fashion, BP/Wings are the selection of the best scuba divers in the world. This is why I have two in my gear locker...

As a businessman I attempt to emulate the experts in my field. In overwhelming fashion, BP/Wings are the selection of the best scuba divers in the world. This is why I have two in my gear locker...

In 2004 I dove with Jesus. Well, he was a dive Instructor in Mexico named Jesus. Anyway, he had over 12,000 dives at that time and was IMO the best diver in the world. He wore a jacket style BC. Until you ascend with Jesus, you only think you know of the best scuba divers in the world.:D

Nowdays I'm pretty sold on some side mount cave divers being the best in the world. I also have to include guys like Thalassamania and Walter. It would be interesting to hear their opinions as well.

Please tell me exactly what I've posted in this thread you consider an attack on anybody.

When we get to the point when one cannot disagree without being accused of attacking the value of discussion forums has been greatly diminished.

Tobin

I have read many of your posts Tobin, and I have appreciated all of what I have read until a few days ago. I found your recent posts on this thread to be surprisingly harsh and non-conducive to fruitful discussions.

So, is it a discussion board, or a place to come & swap effete gossip?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom