BP/W Newb needs advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluebubble1995

Contributor
Reaction score
I got my new 17# with stainless BP rigged out. I ran the inflator hose through the inner tube by the left D-ring. I attached my octo skum ball clip to the inner tube on the right below the D-ring. What is the best way to attach my gauges? I'm used to stuffing them in the BC pocket. I can't wait to get wet!

I got my new 17# with stainless BP rigged out. I ran the inflator hose through the inner tube by the left D-ring. I attached my octo skum ball clip to the inner tube on the right below the D-ring. What is the best way to attach my gauges? I'm used to stuffing them in the BC pocket. I can't wait to get wet!

Just to be clear, the LP hose, not the corrugated hose, should be run under the inner tube.

Gauges? The SPG, on a 24" HP hose is clipped to the left hip dring. You need tie a bolt snap on to the SPG.

Depth gauge / Bottom timer, on your right wrist

Compass on your left wrist.

Tobin

Just to be clear, the LP hose, not the corrugated hose, should be run under the inner tube.

Gauges? The SPG, on a 24" HP hose is clipped to the left hip dring. You need tie a bolt snap on to the SPG.

Tobin

"Gauges?" Yes, the pressure gauge/compass and depth gauge console. I can't put one on my left and one on my right. I'll just buy a clip and tie it to the console hose and clip to the lower D-ring. Your instructions were lacking but the dir-diver site had great enlargeable pics. Thanks for your help.

Tobin

oh...oh...bluebubble1995...now it starts, be careful "they" will get you!

Tobin

Compass on my left wrist? How will I ever get my arm into the holes to pull out those huge Jersey lobsters????

I imagine you can find another place to stuff your gauges.

I finally got to dive my new wing last night and it was absolutely perfect. I used zero lead in fresh water while wearing a 3 mil shorty and boots. With a full tank and deflated I hovered about a foot below the surface. I suspect 6 lbs will be plenty in salt. THANKS DSS!!

Back
Top Bottom