BP/W twists on the dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never been able to thread one of those infernal things without referring to a diagram...
Same here. I have to go look it up, which is not convenient when on a boat. So it is look at someone else's to figure it out. I recently got a Deep6 set of cam straps and they put numbers on it for threading direction. Thank you @cerich one less things to remember.

View attachment 538385
Oh, you might be onto something here. After I took this picture I looked at my jacket BC and it's done differently, and looks like it protects against slippage more.

The threading of the strap through the buckle is wrong and won't be secure, or safe, on the tank.

First, fix the cam band threading. Easy enough to do.

Second, if you have two cam bands, and the plate is twisting, physics says that something isn't tight.

The first should take care of the second. It doesn't need to be so tight that you're breaking cam bands, but when done correctly, twisting is nigh impossible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom