Car rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jchance

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
So search is not currently working and I have just scheduled a last minute overdue vacation to CZM. Who or where is the current best car rental operator? Thanks!

Isis is who I have usually used.

So search is not currently working and I have just scheduled a last minute overdue vacation to CZM. Who or where is the current best car rental operator? Thanks!
I always use Fiesta. They have a good website and decent rates. It’s a very reputable company.

Has anyone used ISIS recently? Are they still the same quality operation they were before Margarita passed? I haven't rented from them since then but might want to get a car for a couple days next week myself.

Margarita passed?

:(

I might have to give Emily's a try, pickup at the airport??? Luxury!

Margarita passed?

:(

Sadly, yes, about 2 1/2 years ago I think. I was told she was a victim of COVID, but that was secondhand so I don't know for sure. It's too bad, she was always nice and patient with us gringos every time I interacted with her.

Emily is who I have recommended to friends. Good prices last I checked. Delivered to condo where they were staying. They only have a facebook presence. I use whatsapp but either way. I have used Fiesta in the past myself and can recommend them.

Just getting a car at the airport would be huge. Last time we needed a car (dec '20 with ISIS) it developed a check engine light and they replaced the car but charged me a change fee! I didn't bother to dispute it but still.

We used to us Isis, but have mostly switched to HTL Rentals for a few years now. They seem to have better cars, and they will deliver a car to our condo (we usually need to take a van from the airport, since we have so much luggage for 4 or 5 of us).

We're happy with HTL, but always nice to hear of other alternatives in case needed -- is this the Emily that you mentioned?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom