Car rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Rob9876 - Ya that's the Emily's we use. I don't know about pickup at airport, mostly bc of the 'rules' by the taxi/shuttle folks. Emily's always met me with car at our condo or ferry.

I used Isis for years, including a couple of trips after Margarita passed away, but switched to Fiesta for my last trip. I got a newer car in better shape for about the same price. The service was good and they met me at the ferry pier. I could recommend either, but would probably go with Fiesta for the nicer car. Now that Delta is flying into CZM again, meeting at the ferry pier is not the advantage it has been lately.

We've used ISIS a dozen times in the last decade. The last few times we've tried others and, not to knock ISIS because they are still good, will probably continue doing so for these reasons.

1. ISIS cars are getting really old. The VW convertibles were fun to drive but are the same ones that were junk heaps ten years ago. We've never been stranded but you can count on something n=being broken or not working.

2. The prices, $45-60 all in for the low end models, are not really anything special. They seem great at first to Americans used to corporate rental pricing but there are dozen or so local rental ops that have similar pricing. Last time we stayed at Casa Coral, a nice budget place on c10/35Ave, and Ruben rented us a March for $36 all in but he only rents to guests.

3. Delivery and pickup is at ISIS location, which is sometimes an added logistical hassle. Not a huge one but much nicer to have car brought to you. ISIS will drop us off at airport on last day though.

I used HTL. They brought a car right to my resort Been 4 years, but they were good then and are still in business from what I can see. They have cool buggies too. Plan on using them again next August.

Attachments

• IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 25
I used HTL. They brought a car right to my resort Been 4 years, but they were good then and are still in business from what I can see. They have cool buggies too. Plan on using them again next August.
We use HTL also. No issues. We rented a buggy last time but will not rent one again. No doors and a pain to get in and out (think Dukes of Hazard entry) especially if you have rear seat passengers. Hot in Sun... Great for a young person, not 60+ vehicle friendly.
Give me a car with AC anyday.

Years ago a friend and I rented a car on Cozumel, and pricing was all we considered. The cheapest vehicle we could find was one of those fiberglass bodies on a VW frame. I was driving, and when we pulled away from the first intersection we came to where we had to stop, my friend along with the seat he was in did a back roll. We took it back and exchanged it for a real car.

We use HTL also. No issues. We rented a buggy last time but will not rent one again. No doors and a pain to get in and out (think Dukes of Hazard entry) especially if you have rear seat passengers. Hot in Sun... Great for a young person, not 60+ vehicle friendly.
Give me a car with AC anyday.
I actually like the no doors/Dukes of Hazard thing TBH. They do have other vehicles,though, I believe.

We used to us Isis, but have mostly switched to HTL Rentals for a few years now. They seem to have better cars, and they will deliver a car to our condo (we usually need to take a van from the airport, since we have so much luggage for 4 or 5 of us).

We're happy with HTL, but always nice to hear of other alternatives in case needed -- is this the Emily that you mentioned?
If you are talking to me, then yes, that is the correct link in facebook. And whatsapp is better. I almost never use email here.

I actually like the no doors/Dukes of Hazard thing TBH. They do have other vehicles,though, I believe.
Yes, jeeps, cars ... HTL did not play any scratch and dent games. Rented from them and will rent again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom