Chat threads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, can we see how it goes? I know those of us who post regularly in HH are disappointed and yes, a bit/a lot annoyed about the way it was handled; consultation is important I think. But we can make it what we will, and continue to have fun in there. And if others feel they need to cause problems as they have previously, then as we've been told many times by NetDoc, there is the "report" button. I know some people feel that is "whingeing" but I for one will have no hesitation in using it if people want to spoil HH for their own ends.

Also not everyone enjoys the environment in SI and so choose not to opt-in. That's why we liked having HH outside of that forum.

Is there an alternative? Can we come up with a solution that suits everyone? Or is this an irreversible decision? Just asking!

Last edited:
FWIW, I was just given a list of peeps who were not able to enter and gave them access to the SI forum. Please let them know that I did this with no ulterior motives other than to get them to that thread!

This too shall pass

Go to bed Netdoc ....

You may not have meant it, but post #36 comes across as very angry.

Well it was not. That is why it is best when reading something that has no tone, not to assume the person is angry. If you want to know if I am angry, ask, don't assume.

"meh" (that's a sign of disgust by my children)

I have never heard it defined as a sign of disgust. Meh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia < for the actual definition. I even have it on a t-shirt :) I meant it as 'apathy'.

"it's your board" X2

Well it is true. I have moderated many boards in the past and understand who has the final decision making power, and in this case, it is you. It was me basically conceding that you can do what you want.

Combined with the earlier posts, and your continued belief that our decision was political/petty/etc it was not hard for me to read between the lines. I hope I have not responded to you in kind or in an untoward fashion. Please let me know if I have crossed that line.

No. I said your decision was political, not petty. The people who called for the moving of the thread were petty. These are not the moderators as far as I know. I don't think you have responded to me in an untoward fashion, I basically think you have read far more into my posts that I intended. I say what I mean, so in future, keep that in mind if you are thinking I am angry. If I am angry, I will say 'I am angry at the moderators' 'I dislike Netdoc' and so on, if I actually think them :)

Edit -- saw my question was answered already.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom