¡Christmas Norte!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to the TV news & Facebook Westjet cancelled all flights from Toronto from (I think) 10:00 AM. onward yesterday. I haven't seen anything yet today as to what's up but just uploaded this 1 minute video from my front window. We have the Turkey & Ham here that was to be delivered for the family get together for lunch right about now 40 or so Kilometers from here. It's not happening.

Does rain affect cenote diving?
Depending on how much rain occurs, it can seep thru the soil above and enter them as well as runoff into openings. Viz might be affected, as well as the joy of suiting up in the parking lots.

Does rain affect cenote diving?
Where does that 4 inches of rain go? If I got 4 inches of rain at home over a large area I would expect the local creeks to be roaring. The Yucatan cenote system is actually a large below ground interconnected river system that provides the drainage for the peninsula, there are no above ground rivers.
I may be wrong but all that water has to go somewhere

Where does that 4 inches of rain go? If I got 4 inches of rain at home over a large area I would expect the local creeks to be roaring. The Yucatan cenote system is actually a large below ground interconnected river system that provides the drainage for the peninsula, there are no above ground rivers.
I may be wrong but all that water has to go somewhere
Just wondering how it works here (the Yucatan). In Florida, where the springs are connected to rivers, I'm familiar with the effect of a heavy rain on vis in the springs.

A rough ride was seen on one of the ferries.

It’s POURING. Like I’ve never seen it here before.

A good day to stay in a eat Turkey dinner delivered yesterday from RockNJava!

A rough ride was seen on one of the ferries.

The video does not run on my iPad but from the single frame I see it looks like it was shot from the second floor of Blue Angel.

The video does not run on my iPad
Odd. It plays well on my iphone.
from the single frame I see it looks like it was shot from the second floor of Blue Angel.
Cuz the water is so different there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom