¡Christmas Norte!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My buddy and I were among the 143 people who did not get to CZM on Christmas Eve. Airline flew us LAX-DEN; when we landed, we learned that we and our Stahlsacs were stranded. DEN-CZM segment was canceled. Headed back to LA today.
I haven't left my house in three days other than to fill the bird feeder. It amazes me that people have been attempting to travel in spite of all the warnings. Sorry about your crushed plans. I hope that the airline refunds you fully and your trip insurance covers your cancelations.
Thanks to an AirTag, we did locate our luggage.
Your Fifth Column!

I haven't left my house in three days other than to fill the bird feeder. It amazes me that people have been attempting to travel in spite of all the warnings. Sorry about your crushed plans. I hope that the airline refunds you fully and your trip insurance covers your cancelations.
Do airlines issue cash refunds for weather cancellations?

Do airlines issue cash refunds for weather cancellations?
No, I guess not. They are not required to do much at all in bad weather, even when they knew they should have canceled before leaving LAX. Trip insurance claims...!!

No, I guess not. They are not required to do much at all in bad weather, even when they knew they should have canceled before leaving LAX. Trip insurance claims...!!
My guess is that they will issue vouchers for the cancelled legs.

It’s POURING. Like I’ve never seen it here before.

A good day to stay in a eat Turkey dinner delivered yesterday from RockNJava!
Can we come over? ...lol

Headed to LA Choza for dinner tonight.

If port opens tomorrow (8 am decision?) it will be a miserable cold bumpy day. High of 76, rainy, onshore wind, low vis and possible wacky current. Wish I was there!

Your Fifth Column!
Thank you. I called the airline daily for 5 days and they said the flights were “go.” The last-minute cancellation of the DEN-CZM segment was not due to weather in Denver, which was OK (though maybe influenced by conditions in Cozumel?). Weather was never cited BTW. It appears there was some sort of sickout by ramp workers in Denver. The DEN ops manager told me that LAX should never have checked us in. Back home now anyway.

I’ll call the airline when things settle and request some fair compensation. Will try the trip again in March.

I’ll call the airline when things settle and request some fair compensation. Will try the trip again in March.
You'll probably have to file your claim in writing, and the sooner you do the sooner they'll get to you.
Weather was never cited BTW. It appears there was some sort of sickout by ramp workers in Denver. The DEN ops manager told me that LAX should never have checked us in. Back home now anyway.
Then you are entitled to a full refund and I would also request personal compensation.

Thank you. I called the airline daily for 5 days and they said the flights were “go.” The last-minute cancellation of the DEN-CZM segment was not due to weather in Denver, which was OK (though maybe influenced by conditions in Cozumel?). Weather was never cited BTW. It appears there was some sort of sickout by ramp workers in Denver. The DEN ops manager told me that LAX should never have checked us in. Back home now anyway.

Which airline?

Port Captain
1)
Good morning to all the Maritime community.
Navigation opens to vessels over 40 feet from 08:00, and exclusively the Barracuda area to Punta Sur.
The forecast winds are in the limits below 25 Km/Hr, and 80% probability of rain, these showers will generate gusts of wind from any direction, so extreme precautions are recommended.
2)
Vessels under 40 feet pending at 10:00 to see if conditions are more favorable for their safe operation

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom