ChristoLube

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No body shoot me here, but didn't I just read that the dielectric lube you buy at the auto shops was a ChristoLube alternative? I kept meaning to check this out but it slipped my aging mind till I saw this thread.

The Drager Dolphin rebreather recommends using Dow Corning 111 for components in the breathing loop (enhanced O2 mixes)

Dow Corning 111 Valve Lubricant and Sealant can be used as a lubricant for rubber and plastic O-rings, water softener and faucet valves, valve stems for potable water, aircraft vacuum systems, electronic and ignition systems, among others. It can be used as a sealant in applications such as vacuum and pressure systems, equipment subject to washing and harsh environments, electrical service entrances and underground connections, and transformer gaskets and equipment enclosures.

Dow Corning 111 Valve Lubricant and Sealant maintains a serviceable consistency from approximately -70° to 400°F (-57° to 204°C) and has NSF 51, NSF 61 approval and is acceptable as a release agent under FDA 21 CFR 175.300, when used in accordance with that regulation.

We also mfg a silicone lubricant you can refrence for molykote and dc-111
it is called TRIBOLUBE 2080 and is very afordable as we mfg it in house.

Do you have an online site for small orders?

A dielectric grease like dimethyl silicone is not a substitute for Christolube. However, some gas suppliers stock oxygen safe lubricants like Krytox. There are different grades but most of them should work. If you need more info there was a thread in SB concerning this PTFE grease. Christolube is sold on EBay and occasionally Krytox can be had there for little, usually aircraft grade. Be careful out there.

I am the mfg. and wish to convey my thanks and respect to all.
We wish to deal with distributors, not the retail marketplace. Silicones are not O2 compatible and should be treated as such. There are however some applications where they work well. There is a reason the Navy uses a PFPE oil thickened with PTFE.
We are a direct competitor to the Christolube products, and wish to present ourselves this way. For technical questions and availability of product please consult:

Phil Ellis
International (256) 350-1122

He has earned my respect and yours as well I'm sure.

I am the mfg. and wish to convey my thanks and respect to all.
We wish to deal with distributors, not the retail marketplace. Silicones are not O2 compatible and should be treated as such. There are however some applications where they work well. There is a reason the Navy uses a PFPE oil thickened with PTFE.
We are a direct competitor to the Christolube products, and wish to present ourselves this way. For technical questions and availability of product please consult:

Phil Ellis
International (256) 350-1122

He has earned my respect and yours as well I'm sure.

Phil is not showing your product on his site!! Only a pretty good deal on christolube.
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

I somewhat understand your desire to deal with distributors but it would appear that you have posted an advertisement for your product but it does not seem to be available to retail customers who might be interested in it. Can you link us to any retail sites for your product?

Phil is not showing your product on his site!! Only a pretty good deal on christolube.
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

I somewhat understand your desire to deal with distributors but it would appear that you have posted an advertisement for your product but it does not seem to be available to retail customers who might be interested in it. Can you link us to any retail sites for your product?

I should have it available on our website in about 8 days. I will make a post here on ScubaBoard when we have a Click-to-Buy page on our website. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

If one is out of ChristoLube and need to replace a tank valve, is there an off the shelf substitute for ChristoLube ?

Thanks
Ron
If you're talking about off the shelf availability in most metro areas, Grainger carries Krytox and usually has it in stock. If you mean off the shelf at Walmart, forget it.

What's their minimum order amount? I didn't see any way to actually order it, just to contact them.

A couple of days ago I got to experience Tribolube at a dive shop I visit along with a couple other products from Aerospace Lubricants, Inc.

Tribolube comes in two "thicknesses" if you will. I don't know the difference between the two, but I'm favorably impressed with it.

Christo-lube will dry out in about a year, Tribolube isn't supposed to so it that's the case, I'll used Tribolube for everything that needs it.

Back
Top Bottom