Combining octo/inflator combo w/ bp/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have several different BPW sets that i have air 2's for I use it because I like the inflate deflate buttons better than on a traditional inflator. Most of my rigs also have an additional second stage on a necklace so I really am simply using it for the inflation aspect although I do practice using it as a second stage should that be necessary
And, this is not at all uncommon - people have an integrated inflator / alternate air source, and end up with an additional AAS, because they are not quite comfortable with the breathing aspects of the integrated unit.

To the OP - I would think long and and hard about a switch. You may not find find that you are 'streamlining' or simplifying' when all things (service, functionality, etc.) are considered.

I use a Zeagle Octo Z and have not had any of the issues mentioned here. There is an Octo Z to inflator hose adapter. should one want to occasionally go back to a standard inflator without having to change the hose. Don't know whether other brands offer such an adapter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom