Consideration for first set of doubles regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your just believing what you’re been told. I find the yoke knob handy to move the bungee to when side mount. It’s almost impossible to dislodge a yoke reg under pressure and the o ring is sitting in the same groove as a din, the only difference is all those treads you have to wind on with din. A complete nuisance for low pressure tanks not to mention non din tanks or seized inserts.
I have personally seen a yoke get dislodged and leak.

The orings aren’t the same either. Those skinny yoke orings suck.
MAN some people really come in here with bad advice.

I have personally seen a yoke get dislodged and leak.

The orings aren’t the same either. Those skinny yoke orings suck.
MAN some people really come in here with bad advice.
It wasn’t on property, if you cross tread a din it will leak, the o ring is made to fit the grove it sits in, do you really believe bigger is better.

Lol no one’s cross threading a DIN. Cmon man.
If someone could fail to put on a yoke reg properly ( which I’ve seen plenty times) the same person could cross tread a din.

If someone could fail to put on a yoke reg properly ( which I’ve seen plenty times) the same person could cross tread a din.
Have you ever used a DIN reg?

I’ve put THOUSANDS of regs on. Seen thousands. Never. Once. Ever. Heard of anyone cross threading a DIN. Not once. 20 damn years and never even a mention of it until Bad Advice Guy comes into the technical forum and acts like it’s a thing.

Yoke failures? All the time. Mostly oring related (again, the oring gets cycled 2x what a DIN gets cycled).

It’s antiquated and ******. Move on.

Have you ever used a DIN reg?

I’ve put THOUSANDS of regs on. Seen thousands. Never. Once. Ever. Heard of anyone cross threading a DIN. Not once. 20 damn years and never even a mention of it until Bad Advice Guy comes into the technical forum and acts like it’s a thing.

Yoke failures? All the time. Mostly oring related (again, the oring gets cycled 2x what a DIN gets cycled).

It’s antiquated and ******. Move on.
My Poseidon cyclon 300,s are din and my scubapro are yoke, the scubapro are more versatile and I use them back mount and side. I’ve never blown a tank o ring on either. Din has become a fad for all the wrong reasons. I’m diving recreational and commercial for over 50 years if you want to talk about experience. P.S. there.s no such thing as tech.

My Poseidon cyclon 300,s are din and my scubapro are yoke, the scubapro are more versatile and I use them back mount and side. I’ve never blown a tank o ring on either. Din has become a fad for all the wrong reasons. I’m diving recreational and commercial for over 50 years if you want to talk about experience. P.S. there.s no such thing as tech.

Experience does not equal expertise.

Am I the only one wondering how he did AN/DP without a lot of this gear?

He could have traveled and ended up renting/borrowing. Although I can’t imagine not having my own regs at least.

Experience does not equal expertise.
Your the the one that brought it up, you said you were diving 20 years and never saw a cross tread din.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom