Console vs Wrist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't care for consoles either. Don't much like wrist units either. I wear a hoseless air integrated Aeris on a retractable clipped to the top d ring on the front of my BC. Works for me.

Want to say thanks,a lot of good reading.I was thinking about getting a wrist model then someone pointed out a very good point about not being able to wear anything on their wrist,and then I all of suddenly relized that i cant stand nothing on my hands or wrists. So bad that it is a big distraction to me. Plus i have a chance to buy a used Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1 for a great price.

I don't care for consoles either. Don't much like wrist units either. I wear a hoseless air integrated Aeris on a retractable clipped to the top d ring on the front of my BC. Works for me.

Yep. More than one way to skin a cat.

Nobody mentioned 'mask integrated' yet....

OCEANIC DATAMASK HUD

p_computers_datamask1.jpg

I've seen a diver using one of these. It's a nice concept, but is a bit bulky IMHO. I wouldn't choose one though.... I like no distractions in my visual interface with the ocean...

Useless for me as I have a weak right eye. If they made a left-eyed version that could be different.

I had a customer bring one of those a year or two ago. On the way out to the dive site, after we had passed through the reef and were over deep water, he dangled it over the side to wash out surplus shampoo/defog and the inevitable happened. I've never heard of anyone finding it, though here that doesn't mean it wasn't found! Made for a rather expensive day for him!

I also know someone else here who bought one. Every dive he used it, then after a few weeks I never saw it again. He said he'd sold it as he actually hated it, although while he had it he was praising it no end - guess he wanted someone to buy it from him.

Since that the Datamask only comes in one size and one shape, it'd be mighty tough to fit a multitude of faces.

I have been having a hard time finding a wrist computer that works with mac and now you have told me about yours I thank you again

I have been having a hard time finding a wrist computer that works with mac and now you have told me about yours I thank you again

Look at Mac-Dive's website. It works with many dive computers. If your dive computer is not supported by it than you can log into the forum on the site I provided and let them know what computer you have, they will add it (sometimes requires some user help to provide data to them but they will walk you through that process).

Currently the program supports these computers:
AERIS
Atmos 2
Atmos AI
Atmos Elite
Compumask
Elite T3
Epic
Manta
XR-2

GENESIS
React Pro

MARES
Icon HD
Nemo
Nemo Air
Nemo Excel
Nemo Wide
Puck
Puck Air

OCEANIC
Atom 2.0
Datamask
Geo
Geo 2.0
Pro Plus 2
Pro Plus 2.1
Veo 180NX
Veo 200
Veo 250
Veo 2.0
Veo 3.0
Versa Pro
VT3
VT Pro

REEFNET
Sensus Ultra

SHERWOOD
Wisdom
Wisdom 2
Wisdom 2 (Metal Buttons)

SUUNTO
Cobra
Cobra 2
Cobra 3
D3
D4
D6
D9
Gekko
HelO2
Mosquito
Stinger
Vyper
Vyper 2
Vyper Air
Vytec DS
ZOOP
For Official Suunto USB cables, you will require the FTDI USB driver.

For SmartInterface cables, you will require their USB driver.

For CustomIdea cables, you will require their USB driver.

TUSA
IQ900 (Zen)
IQ950 (Zen Air)

I too prefer the wrist mount for a reason that I havent seen yet. Most of my diving is travel/vacation (twice per year) We tend to spend a lot of time on or under the water. My Atom 2 serves as a watch and dive computer for the trip. No problems while sailing/surfing if I get it wet. But most of all, I enjoy snorkeling as well. I wear the watch while snorkeling and it also adds any snorkeling time to my SI. Not that it has ever been a issue, just nice to know its there. Also if I am wearing constantly I dont forget to bring it diving :)

Galileo do an adaptor for thier SOL and LUNA where you take the strap off and can insert a "D" ring type affair so you can clip it to a lanyard or retractor. Very handy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom