Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When the gate agent taps on their terminal they are on an internal system not connecting through the public internet. The internal system can connect to the outside internet but they connect directly to the IP address not resolve it through a public DNS. Their software could also scan the QR code but not use their redirect.

LOL you do realize how long that would take? Even for a bodge job you are talking about weeks of work and coordinating just to get it to work at a single destination.

LOL you do realize how long that would take? Even for a bodge job you are talking about weeks of work and coordinating just to get it to work at a single destination.

Please. Its Mexico. I know a guy could get it done in a day for like a case of Kloster.

I'm going to speculate that many of the longer term chronic and/or new effects of COVID infection will eventually be linked to rare diseases that were suspected of having a link to some unknown infectious disease. For example, Kawasaki's disease Kawasaki Syndrome | CDC is of unknown etiology. COVID causes MIS-C COVID-19 and Your Health which is somewhat similar. Now some researchers are storing to look at both in parallel New findings in COVID-related kids' syndrome, Kawasaki disease. It may well turn out that secondary effects from initially asymptomatic or clinically insignificant infections (maybe from other viruses, including the coronaviruses that cause the common cold), have always been with us, but that this singular event where we can identify a novel agent and test for it in both symptomatic and asymptomatic patients (because now we have a target to look for) might be an important advance in understanding other patients with ill-defined debilitating chronic malaise and fatigue Will Long COVID Change the Game for Autoimmune Diseases, too? Part 1 – Autoimmune Connect

Whoa. Thanks for posting. that was interesting. I do have a friend with the MIS-C thing going on in her kid. Really terrible. Her kid looked at her after a couple bad days and said "Is there anything else you can do?". Heartbreaking.

And the wife is a first class example of the 'seriously trying to kill you' lupus, so I find autoimmune always interesting. Also the reason we locked her up for 14 months.

... this singular event where we can identify a novel agent and test for it in both symptomatic and asymptomatic patients (because now we have a target to look for) might be an important advance in understanding other patients with ill-defined debilitating chronic malaise and fatigue...

You have to factor in the advances and proliferation of technology too: from modern methods to molecular-level modeling to the scale of data collection and analysis. And throwing a few billion bucks at it in this country alone didn't hurt either.

Please. Its Mexico. I know a guy could get it done in a day for like a case of Kloster.

Tell him I'll pay for his return trip and treat him to a steak dinner if he comes here and buries me a few miles of my own "not public Internet" fiber to the nearest Telco facility. Under the streets without stopping the traffic, p*ssing off the city and the CableCo everyone else who wants a piece of the action on that. I'll even spring for his motel room if it all takes him an extra day.

Tell him I'll pay for his return trip and treat him to a steak dinner if he comes here and buries me a few miles of my own "not public Internet" fiber to the nearest Telco facility. Under the streets without stopping the traffic, p*ssing off the city and the CableCo everyone else who wants a piece of the action on that. I'll even spring for his motel room if it all takes him an extra day.

Come on man! That will take two guys and we have to do it on the weekend when the city office is closed. You got the shovel or we need to bring it?

I'm a software developer. I not only know how long it would take, I know how to do it. What makes you think they haven't been working on it for six months? Why did it take almost a year before CDC installed this requirement?

You have no clue what I was talking about with regards to DNS.

I'm a software developer. I not only know how long it would take, I know how to do it. What makes you think they haven't been working on it for six months? Why did it take almost a year before CDC installed this requirement?

You want to setup zone transfers from the testing providers DNS systems to your internal DNS. Or a QR verification system. And do it with a half a dozen providers at each destination. Even assuming that it is possible, as the companies involved are quite small and probably don't handle their own DNS. Costamed for example appears to be hosted on GoDaddy.

Planning integrations like this is what I do, unless the companies you are dealing with are already setup for this sort of integration on both end it takes months, with just two companies trying to work together. Add in a half a dozen at each destination with the testing partners also working with a half a dozen different airlines. Six months minimum.

As far as why it took so long for it to be a requirement? It had nothing to do with IT, it was a Biden admin thing. It was announced during his transition, to be a requirement IIRC a couple of days after he took office.

You're completely changing the game, pretending that you are protecting against a state intelligence operation or something. It started with someone faking a QR code. There are QR code scanning libraries already created, no need to re-invent the wheel. The airline only needs to ensure they send the request to the real IP for Costamed not some spoof embedded in the fake QR. Costamed needs not be involved at all in this operation. You wouldn't be trying to protect against someone hacking Costamed's side and planting fake test results. No integration necessary. But again, what makes you think the hospitals and clinics aren't reporting to a Mexican government agency?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom