Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And both are much gnashing of teeth about nothing.

Well you started it with 'faking a vaccine card is not easier'.....

Clearly it is, as no one is arguing about the steps involved in 1. Print card 2. Write some stuff on it.

Mexico actually has the right of privacy in their constitution so I would think they care more about it than the States.

Weird, because as I said, you can throwing hex code on the link I gave you and start getting someone else info too, I imagine.

Well you started it with 'faking a vaccine card is not easier'.....

I started it because if someone is really worried about fraud then the alternate needs to be fairly fool proof.

Weird, because as I said, you can throwing hex code on the link I gave you and start getting someone else info too, I imagine.

I should create a script and start scrapping data. Release it to the press I give it a week before it is changed.

I started it because if someone is really worried about fraud then the alternate needs to be fairly fool proof.

Why? If you have a system where only 1 in 10 (assuming you are right) can commit fraud and only with a crap ton of work, why would you move to a system where anyone with a printer (10 out of 10) can commit fraud?

I should create a script and start scrapping data. Release it to the press I give it a week before it is changed.

That would do it. and probably either get them to scrap the tests until they fix it. Or maybe stop all flights from Mexico for months to fix it. In which case you would be persona non grata around here.

Or require you to bring a hard copy with a stamp. They do love to stamp a document in Mexico, I tell ya.

Why? If you have a system where only 1 in 10 (assuming you are right) can commit fraud and only with a crap ton of work, why would you move to a system where anyone with a printer (10 out of 10) can commit fraud?

To me by strength:

Vaccine cards:
Fairly easy, but also easily traceable by US authorities as the records while not being kept at the federal level are in state level databases.

COVID Tests:
Fairly easy to moderately hard, just depends on the security measures in place. If it is just a print out, very easy. If they verify the QR codes, harder would be more an organized effort, but can still moderately easy. If they put true security in place, now that can be hard but no insurmountable.

I personally believe the risk level of travel is fairly low that unless one method was near perfect and the other was so easy a child could do it. Then yes obvious we should prefer one method. But if one is 4/10 and the other is 1/10 security then I see them as a wash.

That would do it. and probably either get them to scrap the tests until they fix it. Or maybe stop all flights from Mexico for months to fix it. In which case you would be persona non grata around here.

Or require you to bring a hard copy with a stamp. They do love to stamp a document in Mexico, I tell ya.

Well I wouldn't be stupid enough to release it under my own name.

To me by strength:

Vaccine cards:
Fairly easy, but also easily traceable by US authorities as the records while not being kept at the federal level are in state level databases.
Yea no. Some state keep that data some states don't and it is no doubt hard to access. Probably more so at an airport for them to get direct access, exp in Mexico.

And if it was 'easily traceable' NO ONE would be talking vaccine passports because they could already verify it.

COVID Tests:
Fairly easy to moderately hard, just depends on the security measures in place. If it is just a print out, very easy. If they verify the QR codes, harder would be more an organized effort, but can still moderately easy. If they put true security in place, now that can be hard but no insurmountable.

Ok, under no circumstance is it EVER as easy as the vaccine card. I just showed you one. 2 seconds.

I personally believe the risk level of travel is fairly low that unless one method was near perfect and the other was so easy a child could do it. Then yes obvious we should prefer one method. But if one is 4/10 and the other is 1/10 security then I see them as a wash.

actually the card is so easy a child could do it.

Well I wouldn't be stupid enough to release it under my own name.

Well when happens we are all going to know it was you....

Yea no. Some state keep that data some states don't and it is no doubt hard to access. Probably more so at an airport for them to get direct access, exp in Mexico.

It would be easier to access than dozens of testing centers around the globe.

Ok, under no circumstance is it EVER as easy as the vaccine card. I just showed you one. 2 seconds.

actually the card is so easy a child could do it.

I was forging my own report cards when I was 12 years old. It literally is so easy a child could do it, and the tools are easier now.

It would be easier to access than dozens of testing centers around the globe.

Only if you are a Chinese hacker.....

I was forging my own report cards when I was 12 years old. It literally is so easy a child could do it, and the tools are easier now.

Right. Handwritten and your parent didnt scan a qr code,check it vs a white list and go to your school website, right. Just like that vax card.

I am not reading this whole thread; you can’t make me. I am vaccinated and I will get tested before I head back home.

It may be possible to fake the docs, but why bother? To quote the last lines of the Buckeroo Banzai movie: So what? Beeg deal.

One can also create a false positive test result within the 90 day window, along with a fake MD note and avoid the testing altogether! There are always one can play the system. Government or airlines tracking immunization cards and lab test results is a giant over reach and will simply result in more bureaucracy, lines and fare increases. The honor system may be risky, but I would rather travel at my own risk than have one more entity get their hands on my personal information.

DNS regards the outgoing request. That's what I was talking about. Not a secure VPN between airline and testing facility. Like a phone call, simply making sure the "telephone book" is correct and the number they list for Juan's Clinic is really the number to Juan's Clinic.

OK. Got it. Moving on. :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom