Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not reading this whole thread; you can’t make me. I am vaccinated and I will get tested before I head back home.

It may be possible to fake the docs, but why bother? To quote the last lines of the Buckeroo Banzai movie: So what? Beeg deal.

Gun,

There is a point in there, but I am not sure where.

One can also create a false positive test result within the 90 day window, along with a fake MD note and avoid the testing altogether! There are always one can play the system. Government or airlines tracking immunization cards and lab test results is a giant over reach and will simply result in more bureaucracy, lines and fare increases. The honor system may be risky, but I would rather travel at my own risk than have one more entity get their hands on my personal information.

Oh, now that's good thinking. That with in 90 day test could be from anywhere so it and the doctor's note might be the easiest currently. However is they, as suggested, just accept any only vaccine card, that would be still easier...

Best faking ideas, strong government mistrust. I like you already. :0

So while I am always right, I don't always know why. Doesn't the QR code use the ACTUAL domain name, like say Hospital en Cozumel | Grupo Médico Costamed rather than 167.71.171.183 so that any DNS issues would be contained to the airline and its DNS server? So the white list could have the actual domain names rather than worrying up IP?

Exactly. If the QR code has some look-alike name to take you to some site with fake data, it would never be resolved by the internal DNS. Fake test not accepted.

I started it because if someone is really worried about fraud then the alternate needs to be fairly fool proof.

That's ridiculous. The alternative to poor security doesn't have to be perfect security.

One can also create a false positive test result within the 90 day window, along with a fake MD note and avoid the testing altogether! There are always one can play the system. Government or airlines tracking immunization cards and lab test results is a giant over reach and will simply result in more bureaucracy, lines and fare increases. The honor system may be risky, but I would rather travel at my own risk than have one more entity get their hands on my personal information.
Actually 90 days is kind of
The 90 day false positive is an arbitrary #, a coworker who requires a weekly test was exempt for 90 days after covid and then had a false positive quick antigen test at day 97. I am at 105 days post covid and was kind of worried when I got my test last night. Luckily it was negative.
I got my test at Marko test zone on the corner of 65 and 11, cost was $690 MXN and the results were emailed in an hour. And they were gentle on me, correct procedure on the swab but they were not trying to scrape the back of my brain.
Plan B would be the folks doing counterfeit Mexican drivers licenses I heard they also do test results.

How long is wait for walk in testing

no wait anyplace I have seen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom