Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But what is the Covid-19 situation on the island? The official counts? The talked about but unrecorded cases and deaths?
Also, anyone who was to be infected with COVID-19 while vacationing on Cozumel most likely wouldn't know it until after they have left the island. Those numbers would be very difficult to determine.

I find that very difficult to believe.

But what is the Covid-19 situation on the island? The official counts? The talked about but unrecorded cases and deaths?
Okay but it's spelled out in those links. If someone wanted to be certain, they could contact the Mexican consulate directly. Even then you might still encounter issues with immigration and the airlines.

As for Covid, I defer to @ChuckP as he's local.

It's always the last person you talk to that makes the rules. If you are in a situation such as the six month rule make sure you have valid confirmation in writing from both the airlines and immigration of all the countries you will be traveling to/through.

I find that very difficult to believe.

I will let you know by Friday. My dive buddy's passport expires next month, within a few days of his departure from CZM.

I will let you know by Friday. My dive buddy's passport expires next month, within a few days of his departure from CZM.
Thanks, do so, please. But we need a new thread about this. Try this one: Six month Passport rule

What's is the Covid situation on the island?

Thanks, do so, please. But we need a new thread about this. Try this one: Six month Passport rule

What's is the Covid situation on the island?

Patience amigo - they post daily updates at noon every day.

What is the situation here? Is it safer? I think that's everyone's personal choice. From what I hear from friends in different areas in the US, I'd have to guess you are safer here than in the US - if you want to go dance with the girls, play poker and party all night - probably not the place to be. The Cozumel bustle vibe with the numbers of people aren't the same, the volume is just turned way down.

Strictly numbers - it looks like statewide, things sorta peaked the first week of August - we've had some really good days since then and everything is down considerably, like 25% or better. The death rate is staying consistent in the mid 13.5% and I just use that to judge how many people they are testing. The ratio of cleared cases to new cases had just over a week of below 1.0, the seven day average has come back up to just over 1.0 but hands down better than the weeks it was 2-3. The hospitals are less busy on paper, you see less people outside them too. I thought they would have raised us to yellow this week, they didn't but it'll come soon. There really is just a small change from orange to yellow anyways - they allow higher capacity but there isn't that many here anyways.

People here - it's never gonna be perfect but as you go farther inland on the island, back into the neighborhoods - there is more mask wearing. The businesses and in the tourist areas - they're doing good - they want to stay open. If you use your head, wear a mask when around others and keep your distance from folks you're not so sure of - you're perfectly fine. I'd come here for vacation before going into an office with a bunch of associates that I wasn't so sure of their lifestyle.

118359585_3691435344251867_266386905125025765_o.jpg

Can anyone tell me if the ferries are still running alternate schedules or are the starting to return to normal ?

Can anyone tell me if the ferries are still running alternate schedules or are the starting to return to normal ?
The only way to tell is to look at their FB page each day. As of yesterday, still alternate days.

I travelled to Mexico in March on a passport that expired in July. They didn't even mention it.

I've seen airlines refuse to allow someone to board when they had less than 6mo on their passport, and know of other people who've had issues.

Pre-9/11 it wasn't uncommon to be given some leeway, such as minimal hassle when re-entering the US with an expired passport. Now, I hope you bought plenty of lottery tickets, because you are extremely lucky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom