Cozumel in December 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband and I plan on mid Dec. Hotel is planned but scuba and catamaran trips are of interest. Fingers crossed that the weather is as always - Beautiful!!
Carol

Just booked my wife & I at Casa Mexicana for 12/19-26.

Selfish question here, but do any of the dive ops dive on Xmas day?

Selfish question here, but do any of the dive ops dive on Xmas day?

Some do. Many don't. I know Blue Angel goes out a bit later in the am. Cost is higher than usual and you must pre-pay. Living Underwater does not go out. You should check with ops individually. There are no hard and fast rules on this one.

Some do. Many don't. I know Blue Angel goes out a bit later in the am. Cost is higher than usual and you must pre-pay. Living Underwater does not go out. You should check with ops individually. There are no hard and fast rules on this one.

Yes, I'm checking with them now. I almost hate to ask to dive on Christmas but we love diving there and want to maximize our time underwater. Extra is understandable.

I see you're staying roughly 6 weeks. I'm jealous.

Also, have to pass along thanks to DandyDon. Checked my itinerary a couple of times and package price was attractive at Casa Mexicana w/RT air into Coz. Went back to book it and price was up approx $200. Remembered Don's tip and so I deleted the Orbitz cookie. Went back in and was able to book it at the original price. The Entertain200 discount still works with Orbitz as well and helps make the trip a real value.

Last edited:
We will be there December 5th to the 12th we have 5 divers in the group. We are staying at the Iberostar. Would love to have suggestions on who to dive with and get together with other Scubaboarders and discuss the days dives over a cold beverage.

Also, have to pass along thanks to DandyDon. Checked my itinerary a couple of times and package price was attractive at Casa Mexicana w/RT air into Coz. Went back to book it and price was up approx $200. Remembered Don's tip and so I deleted the Orbitz cookie. Went back in and was able to book it at the original price. The Entertain200 discount still works with Orbitz as well and helps make the trip a real value.
Glad it worked well for you. The Orbitz code for 2010 is 200ENTERTAIN

Hi Btravlin! On Christmas day Scubamau is open for business, they have one boat booked now and have 2 left to fill. Opal told me that the guys on the island celebrate Christmas gift opening on the eve so they like to take out the divers for Christmas day. Also they have New Years bookings available. But the big one is the New Years night dive. Opal said it was a blast last year. I'm trying to get my wife into the idea of doing the New Year there. Anyway if your there then look up Scubamaucozumel on line and tell Opal Kevin told you about it. Have a great time.

Thanks for the tip. We checked them out but want someone who will pick us up in town. Getting it narrowed down quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom