Crashing board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
The servers that are misbehaving are state of the art.

Two, Dual Opteran 265s (like having four processors) and 2 Gigs of ram.

The new servers are Dual xeon 3.0 gHz and will handle all that we can throw at them.

I know it may be too late for this, but I have 2 word of advice for you:

X and Serve!

Say it real fast as if it were one word:D

Wys

NetDoc:
The servers that are misbehaving are state of the art.

Two, Dual Opteran 265s (like having four processors) and 2 Gigs of ram.

The new servers are Dual xeon 3.0 gHz and will handle all that we can throw at them.

When?

We still operating on the "end of the month" theory from last month?

:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

trucker girl:
When?

We still operating on the "end of the month" theory from last month?

:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
Have you ever taken a screwdriver to your own computer. I'll add Ram or replace hard drive to mine, but that's about as deep as I'll go. They are working much deeper on much more complicated machinery - and some of the computer technology they work with is still in Theory & Development states.

I get frustrated, too, but they're doing their best on the best board available.

DandyDon:
Have you ever taken a screwdriver to your own computer. I'll add Ram or replace hard drive to mine, but that's about as deep as I'll go. They are working much deeper on much more complicated machinery - and some of the computer technology they work with is still in Theory & Development states.

I get frustrated, too, but they're doing their best on the best board available.

I know they're doing their best- and I know they're doing a lot, too. I didn't mean for my post to come as a put down. Sorry if it did. My intention was friendly jibe. Jab? Jolt? Whatever.

My computer develops strange habits if I've been online for too long. When I finally slam my fists down... that's when I decide to walk away...

THEN I come back and run my spyware, antivirus and registry cleaning programs. The little voices in my head say, "Put down the screw driver and step away from the hardware, slowly." I obey.

The pattern I have noticed is the server hangs or httpd dies, answers ping, someone at the hosting company FINALLY gets around to rebooting, ping with all packets lost, server begins to serve pages, then rinse, lather and repeat.

Forget the screwdriver, use a hammer! #9 adjuster, it's always worked for me!

I'm chomping at the bit to update my profile also!

trucker girl:
My computer develops strange habits if I've been online for too long. When I finally slam my fists down... that's when I decide to walk away...
Oh yeah - when that happens, just boot your computer. Unhangs many things. Click Start, Turn Off, Restart.

DandyDon:
Oh yeah - when that happens, just boot your computer. Unhangs many things. Click Start, Turn Off, Restart.

You find that the hammer method doesn't work for you? I find that if I hit it real hard with a hammer, it quits acting up. Never mind that I have to replace things...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom