D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@rsingler could my findings be causing the difficulty I'm having getting it to hold tune? I would say so but I'm no expert.

Just trying to figure out if I should be trying for a replacement unit or not. Cheers.

I’ll bet the cracked pad and the nick happened when the adjuster was screwed in way too deep, I would just rebuild it with your new kit and test it again. Is the orifice and adjuster plastic like the later 400s?

I’ll bet the cracked pad and the nick happened when the adjuster was screwed in way too deep, I would just rebuild it with your new kit and test it again. Is the orifice and adjuster plastic like the later 400s?

Yes, both plastic. I'd find it hard to believe that screwing in spring could crack the pad.

Well you said the pad quality wasn’t very good cheaply made probably thin. Put your new stem assembly in and test it, I’ll stay up and wait for the results. Lol

Plastic looks cheap as compared to the OD but it's not what I'd call thin. I'm not doing anymore with it till I hear back from the shop I bought it from, I sent them photos etc. don't want to waste one of my kits if I don't have to.

Heck the old ones didn’t even have a pad, I don’t think the cracked pad will have any effect. I think the problem is the nick in the seat. Come on put the stem in and try it.

Heck the old ones didn’t even have a pad, I don’t think the cracked pad will have any effect. I think the problem is the nick in the seat. Come on put the stem in and try it.

Just one more...I can quit anytime

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom