Dangling Lights and Accessories - How to Secure???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this is a bit off topic, but not completely. i tried using some rope I had in my garage to attach my light to my bolt snap but it kept fraying. Is there a special cord or rope that I should be looking for? otherwise i may need to smooth out the eye hole that the rope goes through.

I use the string from a finger reel.

oh ok. I'll have to try that out. thanks!

It is called cave line in SCUBA circles. It is a braided nylon line, not the twisted type.

N

I've used a braided nylon mason's line from Home Depot. Melt the tips with a match to prevent fraying. Also comes in bright yellow :D

Oh yea, and being cheap, I've used the cut away part of my DUI wrist Zip-seal for my harness. Just didn't want to throw away good latex.

:wink:

I don't understand why you'd want to got the bike tire route when bungees cost less than a buck for something so small, and bike tires would cost more.

Bike inner tubes are free. Go into a bike shop and ask 'em for a mountain-bike tube out of the garbage. Will give you enough loops to last a lifetime. Even longer if you get one from a 29'er!

---------- Post added March 9th, 2014 at 09:13 PM ----------

Luckily my shoulder straps have a quick release, so it's easy to add accessories.

Or REMOVE them... which would be the preference.

:)

Or REMOVE them... which would be the preference.

:)

I hear ya. On my right strap I have a light (DRIS 1000) on the d-ring, line cutter below that on the strap (Eezycut Trilobite), and lifeline up on my shoulder (on drift dives). I clip my spg to my left D-Ring. I want to prevent the light from dangling.

I have my big light attachable to a high and low D ring at the same time. When not in use it just hangs there in front--right easy to grab when needed. No dangling. Don't ask me how to rig this up--my wife figured it all out.

Dive light goes in pocket. Many dives it stays there. If I am using it during the dive I will take it out and hang on a D-ring on left side with a clib added to light handle. When I am not using it any more it goes back into pocket. It is clipped into pocket to avoid loss.

Thanks for the photo, I use some inner tube on my BP/W and my travel bc but it doesn't work as we'll on the travel bc. I do have several ice axe loops that I've taken off backpacks that would work better just like on your transplate.

thanks
ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom