Difference in Back Plates and HOG question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I'm looking for a used SS plate if anyone has one for sale. I would be more than happy to take it off of your hands.

So if you stumble across a thread, or have one yourself that needs a new home... Hit me up. :)

Yes but there is a compatibility issue... the civil one is not compatible with a rifle, and a military one is not compatible with the air defence system :)

There's this new invention called the jet plane...

So I'm looking for a used SS plate if anyone has one for sale. I would be more than happy to take it off of your hands.

So if you stumble across a thread, or have one yourself that needs a new home... Hit me up. :)

There's at least one for sale right now in the classified section on scubaboard.com.

I've been looking at some, but can't get any responses from most of the people.

---------- Post added April 16th, 2013 at 11:48 AM ----------

An most of the plates that I find are Aluminum, or have wings that the seller doesn't want to part with.

To me a backplate is a backplate. I doubt that a Chinese made backplate would be made out of material that may break in half while diving.

People thought drywall was drywall too and look what happened with Chinese-made drywall. While the plate would not break in half it could certainly rust. Anyone who has ever purchased and used in saltwater a cheap foreign-made knife knows what I am talking about.

---------- Post added April 16th, 2013 at 12:15 PM ----------

How much are you looking to spend on a plate?

Do you already have a wing? Do you have harness materials? If no, seriously look at one of Tobin's (DSS) packages....

Do you already have a wing? Do you have harness materials? If no, seriously look at one of Tobin's (DSS) packages....

There are less expensive options with similar quality available from other manufacturers. He could probably get a Hollis package (with S-38 wing) or a Dive Rite one for around $300.

Or haunt the For Sale areas. I just recently picked up a backplate, harness, Dive Rite Travel Wing with an AirII, Classic Wing with a standard LPI, a SP MK25 and a SP x650 for $400. And there was even an EZ Cut Trilobyte on the harness. ;P

People thought drywall was drywall too and look what happened with Chinese-made drywall. While the plate would not break in half it could certainly rust. Anyone who has ever purchased and used in saltwater a cheap foreign-made knife knows what I am talking about.

---------- Post added April 16th, 2013 at 12:15 PM ----------

How much are you looking to spend on a plate?
I've got about 75 right now, so that would have to cover shipping as well.

---------- Post added April 17th, 2013 at 12:02 AM ----------

Nothing right now, I will purchase what I can, and when I can. I decided a plate and harness is first.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom