Difference in Back Plates and HOG question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like customer service might have gotten better. But the time I contacted them about the HOG drysuit (actuall made by someone else) that I bought it was not very good. I made the mistake of calling the number on their web site on a sunday night expecting to leave a message that would be returned during the week. Turns out that number is actually someones cell phone and basically got bitched out that I would call at that time of the day while they were busy. That and I was basically told if I did not like the suit just send it back for a refund. Keep in mind I was just calling with questions about the care of the suit since it did not come with anything. Beside if you put your cell number as a contact on a web page you should pretty much expect a call at anytime day or night, or just let it go to voice mail.

At the last DEMA show I stopped by their booth and stood there for about 30 minutes and the guy there couldn't even get his nose out his ... whatever he was doing to acknowlegde my presence. And they weren't busy either...

Sounds like the same guy...

Naw, the phone was me. If it is the situation I recall his dealer bought two suits for two different divers, then sent the wrong one to each. Then when they didn't fit the dealer told each that HOG screwed up the cut. It took some time to figure out what had happened and frankly I was pissed off and sick of the whole mess. There is a old thread on here (scubaboard) about this as well. I apologize for being short. I know we made it right with one of the divers the other we couldn't at the time. Maybe that was you. We also no longer work with that dealer.

It could have been me or my ops Manager or possibly a volunteer in the booth. If there was one person in the booth it likely wasn't me, I had a crazy DEMA with meetings with dealers, suppliers and also international distributors. Regardless the buck stops with me here at the HOG SHED so I'll take the blame.

We strive for High Quality and High Value products and also superb cust service. Sometimes we fall short, we're human. To be frank, the rapid growth of the company has been painful as heck as well. That has made for some less than perfect moments. But we'll always try and step back, deep breath, apologize if we are in the wrong and work to solve the issue. Hopefully we can make it right.

You guys let me know if you feel we can make it up to you. PLEASE don't call on a Sunday night. :)

I think the love hate has been caused by my different approach, frankly that's OK, you can't make everybody everybody happy all the time and when you have a industry that has subscribed to P.T. Barnum's theory that a sucker is born every minute...well, I hate that whole attitude and have tried to make a company that is more in tune with divers. Most brands look at the shops as the cust base, and they are. But if the ultimate cust., the diver isn't happy we're gonna have problems...and the dive industry has them in spades. I am really proud that in general my Brands have attracted dealers that are progressive and really do a great job working with divers and I feel they and EDGE/HOG are actually building the future dive industry by "breaking the rules" instead of trying to conform with a BADLY broken model. We aren't going to get it all right all the time. But we will be a diver centric company that believes we are privileged to make a living in a field we love.

OH, regs are made in Taiwan, wings, some lights and Drysuits/undergarmets and a bunch of new stuff coming in the US, Masks and snorkels mostly Thailand and some China, Fins, HOG- Taiwan EDGE- China, BCD- China right now. Gauges in Italy

Earlier in this thread Zeagle regs were ID as made in the US, they are at best assembled in the US, SP is made in Italy. Atomic is made in the US.

Is it the one on the Canadian side accross the river ?

A funny "historical" perspective. A LDS here was a "SP" dealer, and for quite a long time. Touted it as the best. A few years back, it became an "H" shop.... as there was nothing better. While there once, I asked him about an new brand catching fire - HOG. Immediate answer - "poorly made, low tolerance junk" (sorry Chris, his words, not mine)..... Last year they became a distrubutor...... LMAO!

if it was I am really disappointed, you would think a fellow Canuck would support a brand run by a Canadian.. LOL

5 min in the box for unnecessary roughness and no donuts for him!

Living in the US it's awesome how many times i get asked if I know their friend from Toronto...it's funny how when an American says Toronto it sounds as funny to me as I do to them when i say about...

Is it the one on the Canadian side accross the river ?

Naw, the phone was me. If it is the situation I recall his dealer bought two suits for two different divers, then sent the wrong one to each. Then when they didn't fit the dealer told each that HOG screwed up the cut. It took some time to figure out what had happened and frankly I was pissed off and sick of the whole mess. There is a old thread on here (scubaboard) about this as well. I apologize for being short. I know we made it right with one of the divers the other we couldn't at the time. Maybe that was you. We also no longer work with that dealer.

It could have been me or my ops Manager or possibly a volunteer in the booth. If there was one person in the booth it likely wasn't me, I had a crazy DEMA with meetings with dealers, suppliers and also international distributors. Regardless the buck stops with me here at the HOG SHED so I'll take the blame.

We strive for High Quality and High Value products and also superb cust service. Sometimes we fall short, we're human. To be frank, the rapid growth of the company has been painful as heck as well. That has made for some less than perfect moments. But we'll always try and step back, deep breath, apologize if we are in the wrong and work to solve the issue. Hopefully we can make it right.

You guys let me know if you feel we can make it up to you. PLEASE don't call on a Sunday night. :)

Thanks for the response...it says a lot about you as a businessman :)

Good luck with your growth and success.

:) if that is them I would not be sirprised.

Oh an I need to update my profile as we have moved out of Toronto few months ago.

if it was I am really disappointed, you would think a fellow Canuck would support a brand run by a Canadian.. LOL

5 min in the box for unnecessary roughness and no donuts for him!

Living in the US it's awesome how many times i get asked if I know their friend from Toronto...it's funny how when an American says Toronto it sounds as funny to me as I do to them when i say about...

---------- Post added April 4th, 2013 at 04:01 PM ----------

I guess I do :D

You know who.....

oh, and if anybody came by the booth the morning after the HOG Party at HOGS and HEIFERS, yeah, we sucked, we gave crappy service and quite frankly I am surprised we survived. If we did speak to you I'm sure you got a contact hangover from the terrible experience of trying to get coherence. I vaguely recall having one person ask me about a opening order and me telling him that I would probably die if I attempted to think one thru... Unfortunately(fortunately?) we plan to offer the same poor level of service this year at DEMA after our HOG party in Orlando. it would be MUCH better if you planned to party with us than try and do business with us the morning after....REALLY.

---------- Post added April 4th, 2013 at 04:06 PM ----------

:) if that is them I would not be sirprised.

Oh an I need to update my profile as we have moved out of Toronto few months ago.

---------- Post added April 4th, 2013 at 04:01 PM ----------

I guess I do :D

The same one that has one DSS BP/W in the back corner, and shows folks how "awful' is is compared to an "H-delux" model (on the main isle) when they ask for something affordable....

Naw, the phone was me. If it is the situation I recall his dealer bought two suits for two different divers, then sent the wrong one to each. Then when they didn't fit the dealer told each that HOG screwed up the cut. It took some time to figure out what had happened and frankly I was pissed off and sick of the whole mess.

PLEASE don't call on a Sunday night. :)

Nope, that was not me, the suit was fine I just had questions about the care of it. I am still really happy with the suit and dive it multiple times a week and always stay dry!

And like I said, I was not really expecting anyone to answer the phone on a sunday. Oops....... I do have a question about the boots, but I will post that in your forum. I think I have hijacked this thread enough already....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom