DIR: God's gift to diving or Hell spawn?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba11b and the rest watching this thread...

Have you ever read anything but a glowing testimony from someone who has taken a DIR class???

Do you wonder why??? :confused:

Right now on this board there are several threads addressing the witnessed incompetence of certain instructors... none of which involve GUE/DIR instructors...

Do you wonder why??? :confused:

If you get the opportunity to take a GUE DIRF class jump on it...

Originally posted by Greg G.
This isn't rec.scuba, Pug. We have moderaters that tell us when/what/where to post. I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are yours. If you want to rebut what I stated, do so w/o engaging in personal attacks.
And believe me, us Modsters are reading and reviewing each post.

Greg, we do value you're opinion. But we also ask that you contribute to the threads in a positive manner. As mentioned by others, what you contributed was a negative comment that did not factually answer the original question. Making statements not based upon facts is considered defamation and is not tolerated on this board (see the FAQs).

First Warning. Greg, Pug, Warren: Please come back on topic to answer the original person's question.

DIR is a fundamental diving philosophy that stresses a balanced holistic approach to diving that addresses a divers experience, ability and a robust equipment configuration. Global Underwater Explorers or GUE is a non-profit agency that teaches this type of approach and program. Other US scuba training agencies such as PADI, NAUI, SSI, IANTD, TDI ad infinitum are businesses that teach scuba diving while trying to make a profit.

omar

:eek:ff: Geez, Omar, I'm trying to keep the Moderator cap off my head around here.

If you wish to say something, please contribute to the original question.

From the looks of it it was the poster that edited his own posts... moderators would have just deleted them if we thought they were THAT inappropriate. We try NOT to become big brother and modify the content of messages (unless it is spam or truly dangerous). We do make mistakes from time to time, but I don't think this is one of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom