Dive computers for small wrists

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As mentioned before, many computers (especially PUCK styled computers) can fit into aftermarket bungee mounts, so no worries on how small or large you need to make the 'strap'

BUT, they do make it a little thicker.

Another option is to take the strap off, and replace it with bungee (going through the pins or purposed holes). Doesn't add any more bulk, and is just as secure as a strap would have been.

The later is what I do to all of my wrist devices.

_R

As suggested use a DC with bunggee mounts or try replacing the strap from existing one.
If you use my method to attach bungees you will be able to adjust to any size of wrist. Also very helpful if you change suits like drysuits with glove system and different undergarments often.
Enjoy

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I will look carefully at the bungee suggestion. I have actually had cuts on my wrist from the strap anchorage on dive computers because I have had to do them up to the last notch. And I'll also take a look at the models suggested. I will be buying a new computer soon as the old one isn't quite what it was when it was new 15 or more years ago!

Chris I will chase up your video on You Tube.

As others have said, wear it up near your elbow, this is what my wife does with her Shearwater Predator.

True, I also wear my computer around the middle of my forearm, so I guess the size of my wrist doesn't matter, although my forearms are also small, and the OP's might be too. Wearing the computer on the forearm puts it in a good position to keep an eye on it while diving, and also prevents it from getting in the way during valve drills.

I have a Suunto Gekko that I bought a velcro band for. I don't dive nearly often enough, but "the band" allows me to keep the puck on my wrist without an extra 6" of rubber strap.

As others have said, wear it up near your elbow, this is what my wife does with her Shearwater Predator.
Yes, that is possible with a bungee strap. With the fixed strap it just slips down from further up the arm. And with the larger diameter in the strap, it proceeds to fall off the hand.

Let's face it, if I ever get arrested they are going to have a problem with the "bracelets" as they will just slip off over my hands.

I am going to try the bungee or elastic strap option which will alleviate the "fit" problems, but too loose and the computer will fall off. Small wrists and small hands!

@pelan-pelan , I hear what you are saying. My wrists are also small (5 1/2") . Recently, I thought I was ordering a small DC/band, based on the photo. I DID want to see the display as well, however. Plus, I wanted both my husband's & mine to to the same, for consistency. Well, as other have suggested, it is now worn next to my elbow as tight as I can set it (I will check out @Chris Hunger 's bungee idea), held in place by my velcro arm "tablet/UW writing board" which is now next to my wrist. I do have to put on my wetsuit & bc first, & then add the DC & writing "board" last (which holds it on my hand). It is a bit of a bother, I really preferred my old DC console hooked to my bc, but when it broke, the new DC (same brand, diff model) didn't fit the console spot. I thought maybe it would. Aaaargh. :tired:

Another vote for the Oceanic Geo. My wrists are 6" diameter and never had a problem getting a comfortable fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom