Dive Flag Awareness Event FL Statewide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a thought, while we are at this, why not lobby/raise money/whatever to get permanent signs at all public boat ramps and channel exits???

We have signs everywhere warning boaters to watch out for manatees...how about remind them to watch out for people?

Thoughts?

I'm glad to see that Rob will be at the Blue Wild... And the will have a petition sign up there! That is great new. TY Dennis.

Pull a tag line of 1/2 poly spiral wrapped in #15 leader wire, that will be good for their props.

Dive_Mine.jpg
[/IMG]

Today was fun we passed out flyers and talked to a lot of boaters. I wish we would have had more boaters though. We hit several boat rental places and talked to them, and left them with stacks of flyers. I think that scubaboard saved lives today and I am happy to be a part of it. :)

I hit the Florida Sportsman Fishing and Boat show, left about 25 on the counter in the bathroom, everybody needs reading material and about 150 on windshields. I still want to drop some of at the bait and tackle stores.

Report from various east coast ramps.
I got to Lake Park Marina a little before 8:00 am. One trailer in the parking lot but I think he was there for long term parking. Didn't look too promising but I did get the guy who was running the marina to put the brochure on the bulletin board out front.

I headed south to Phil Foster (Blue Heron Bridge) ramp and was greeted by a couple of volunteers from Scubaboard; unfortunately I forgot their names but they are local so I'm sure somebody will recognize them. I think they were seeing a few boats but generally pretty slow. They did have a reel nice setup next to the dive flag sign. These signs should be at every ramp.
IMG_0201.jpg

Collecting signatures:
IMG_0197.jpg

Next stop was Curry Park. I ran into some Spearboard volunteers and found them in great spirits despite the lack of even one boat. Based on some of the boating blunders I've seen at Curry park over the years this will definitely be an important ramp to bring awareness to on a busy day.

Good job everybody.

-Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom