Dive Master Course Delayed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gosh..... I guess I'd better get serious about finding my way around there:shakehead :D .

Just kidding guys, I do know my way along the deep wall & the shallow area. I haven't explored a whole lot of the deep end (bottom times & such), but I'll try to get myself familiar with that part.

Along the road going up the deep wall there are several things, a rock chute, upright freezer, a white van, a bicycle a cabin cruiser & a 1940's fire engine. just north & up on top of the wall (just off of the back road going into the quarry) is the RV motor home they sunk last year. They are preparing sometime in March to sink a large 40' (I think) cabin cruiser just off the edge by the set- up shelters & docks in the 80- 90' deep range. There are a few boats & things sunk out there but not much. Most of the stuff in the deep end is along that road & goes from 80'- 40' as the road ascends. I believe they also sunk a small car off the cliff behind the office a month or so ago. They are working on trying to suspend a jet ski, but it has so much styrofoam in it that the sinking has failed twice. In the shallow end, there is the UH1 helicopter, the school bus, RV, lots of run- about boats, the motor cycle & lots of odds & ends type things.

Chris, if it's been a few years since you were last there, you may have remembered a parking lot that reached out a ways into the quarry to the shallow area. That parking lot is now under 2-8' of water, so there is a bit of a swim out to the shallow area or a swim along the deep wall. In fact the water level of the quarry has risen about 2- 3' since I started diving in late 2005.

Here is a picture of me & another diver (Gary Cochran) by the old entry steps.

Attachments

• 06870010.jpg
    06870010.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 30
Darn! I take it there is not much of a giant stride left on the right side of the road.

At the set-up tables there's about a 2' drop. With my dry suit, I usually just walk down a bit, wade in & swim out over the wall by the steps (I don't want to risk blowing a seal). With all the rain we've had thi year, the water level has really come up this year. Here's another picture I took swimming out over the old parking lot area, looking back at the entrance road & staging area. & one looking down the entrance road to the quarry, You can see the parking lot under water (the edge of it any way).

Attachments

• 78490002.jpg
    78490002.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Pennyroyal quarry.JPG
    Pennyroyal quarry.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 30
Road trip!! :auto: I kept seeing posts about Pennyroyal and had thoughts about going this year. Now it is a go, just hope that I'm not as busy as I was last year.

I also heard a vicious rumor that Chris has a dry suit. Hasn't been confirmed though!

crpntr133:
Road trip!! :auto: I kept seeing posts about Pennyroyal and had thoughts about going this year. Now it is a go, just hope that I'm not as busy as I was last year.

I also heard a vicious rumor that Chris has a dry suit. Hasn't been confirmed though!
I have one, anyone want to help me try it out next weekend??? :D

Back
Top Bottom