Dive master in China

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,
My name is Oliver Deppert, I am an American. I have been diving for a little while now. And working as a Dive master in Thailand. I am now currently working in China as a Dive master. If anyone needs info on whats good here. Let me know, because diving in China can be tricky. and If you don't do it right you are most likely going to be dragged around by someone at 3 meter with no fins.

Anyways.. I hope to chat with some you about diving!
Oliver

Last edited:
our you still in china looking info on doing dive master there thanks

Hi, i just earned my Divemaster Certification. I travel to China every summer and teach English for two or three months and hope to dive at one end of the trip or the other. where is the best place?

Hey all,
My name is Oliver Deppert, I am an American. I have been diving for a little while now. And working as a Dive master in Thailand. I am now currently working in China as a Dive master. If anyone needs info on whats good here. Let me know, because diving in China can be tricky. and If you don't do it right you are most likely going to be dragged around by someone at 3 meter with no fins.

Anyways.. I hope to chat with some you about diving!
Oliver
Anything you'd recommend on Hainan Island?

I went diving in Sanya during the February vacation.

Its NOT a notable place to dive at all. Waste of money and you only go about 20 meters maybe.

Nothing worthy to see, NO FISH, no real coral and the area is roped off and full of trash.

In fact Sanya as a place to go for vacation is a waste of time.

The beaches are putrid, small roped off areas full of underwater trash. The water quality is terrible.

Sanya as a vacation destination is WAY OVERRATED and really a waste of your time and money.

If you want to go diving go out of China to somewhere nicer.

I spent 8 days in Sanya and its a totally crappy place - bad food, over priced, full of pickpockets.

Place it HIGH of the AVOID list and really, spend your money elsewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom