Dive Operators in Sharm el Sheik's Shark Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sylvie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi

I’m going for a week’s diving in Sharm el Sheik (Shark’s Bay) in eleven days and was wondering if anyone had any good dive operators to recommend. I hear that Sinai Divers are good, but I’m also opened to other suggestions. I’m an AOWD and plan to take a nitrox course (just bought the PADI enriched air manual), so I’m concerned about the quality service provided by the dive instructors and management. I already own my equipment so the condition of the rental equipment (except the tanks and air) is of no direct concern. I am however interested in any comments about the staff, boats used, types of dives made (from house reef, Jeep or boat etc), lunches or whatever seems worthy to report. Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers

Sylvie
PS: Restaurant recommendation in the area (if any) would be most welcomed too.

Sylvie

Having worked in the area there are a few reputable dive centers.
As you rightly say, Sinai Divers have a good reputation. However you might want to consider Crazy Camel Divers. They are a smaller firm, but have an excellent safety and training record. All instructors there are excellent, although one, Manuel, a portugese instructor is one of the best I have ever worked with.

Hope this is of some use to you.

Thanks Crayon. I'll look them up.

Sylvie

You can also try Blue Sea Diving Centre - this is canadian - egytpian company. Adam is a lovely guy.

As restaurants - most of them are located either in Naama Bay or in the Old Sharm. My favourite one is Safsafa (they are in Old sharm and in Naama - but I like this in Old Sharm more) - sea food great!!!!!!! Take grilled King Prawns and you would never forget this taste!!!!! There is also a lovely one with great food close to the Public Beach on the way to the jetty - I don't remember the name but it's placed on the beach and food is also great.
As clubs are concerned - there are two the best - Bus Stop/ Sanafir and Camel Bar.
On 29th April Pacha - the most famous club form Ibiza opens its branch in Sharm. I'll be there for opening so I'll let you know how it is
Mania

mania:
You can also try Blue Sea Diving Centre - this is canadian - egytpian company. Adam is a lovely guy.

As restaurants - most of them are located either in Naama Bay or in the Old Sharm. My favourite one is Safsafa (they are in Old sharm and in Naama - but I like this in Old Sharm more) - sea food great!!!!!!! Take grilled King Prawns and you would never forget this taste!!!!! There is also a lovely one with great food close to the Public Beach on the way to the jetty - I don't remember the name but it's placed on the beach and food is also great.
As clubs are concerned - there are two the best - Bus Stop/ Sanafir and Camel Bar.
On 29th April Pacha - the most famous club form Ibiza opens its branch in Sharm. I'll be there for opening so I'll let you know how it is
Mania

I must agree I like the Camel Divers they are a nice bunch I ve dived with them several time and even did my advanced there...although I must say I am starting to get a little bit let down by the fact they are getting overcrowded...so i dont know i now prefer going to Oonas divers who are nice a quiet and more friendly...I like it when you get a personal touch from the staff who are really funny and natural...wild yet very very safe and hey they love giving me specials...contact me if you like i will hook you up with their speical packages which you wont get any cheaper but still a great place and great safety record for more than 20+ years

Sylvie

I stayed at the Hilton Sharks Bay at the begging of February. The hotel has a Sinai Dive centre there and shore dives can be arranged on the house reefs or by boat.

I chose to dive with Red Sea Diving College. Everything was VERY professional and safe. I had chosen to take my own gear too, but the rental kit I did see was very well maintained. The dive guides were excellent, and Boat crews and hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Excellent dives were at Ras Mohammed and Jackson and Thomas reefs in the Straits of Tiran. Try snorkelling on the house reef at Sharks Bay though too, it was almost as good as some of the dives!!

I did a livaboard in December on the Al Farook 2. The staff were fantastic, food excellent and the dives well most of them were great. I dived the Thistlegorm, The Dunraven, Ras Mohammed Shark & Yolanda Reef x2 , Jackson & Thomas Reef, Ras um Sid, Small Crack, The Lagoona, Jackfish Alley, Naab Mahmood, Ras Katy. I had a problem with the current on a few dives especially the 2nd dive at Ras Mohammed. I found most of these dives were affected by currents but it might have been my inexperience as I had only ever dived in the sea 3 time before in Ibiza.

On land we went quad biking in the Sinai desert and drank herbal tea with the Bedouins, got spat at by a camel and everyone wanted to marry me. Brilliant place, lovely people.

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the responses. I've looked up and wrote to a few places already, and will research the rest now. I've also made a note of the restaurant recommendations. I leave tomorrow night, and I'm getting psyched. My suitcase is half packed, but I still have a lot of ironing to do, and other stuff to get ready such as my diving gear.

Cheers

Sylvie

Mania has been kind enough to help me with much great advice about Sharm el Sheikh for a possible trip in Sept -thanks again, Mania. I would be staying at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls,[ I think it's in the Ras el Sid section?], and was wondering if any of you guys could recommend a Dive Op? Mania told me that Dive Ops pick you up at your hotel each day? How far is that hotel from dive boats? I think dive boats are in Naama bay?

From reading the threads I got that Blue Sea Dive Center is a good op? They are Canadians?

pilot fish:
Mania told me that Dive Ops pick you up at your hotel each day? How far is that hotel from dive boats?
Less than 2 kilometers from the harbor as the bird flies. You could do a lot worse. Check out the excellent streetmaps at www.goredsea.com.

I think dive boats are in Naama bay?
Some are, but most leave from the harbor.

Enjoy,

Art

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom