Dive Operators in Sharm el Sheik's Shark Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArthurGerla:
Less than 2 kilometers from the harbor as the bird flies. You could do a lot worse. Check out the excellent streetmaps at www.goredsea.com.

Some are, but most leave from the harbor.

Enjoy,

Art

Thank you, Arthur. Mania was kind enough to send me that link. Have you been there is September?

ArthurGerla:
October, last year. Here are some pictures . And I'm going again next week :D

Can't wait.

Great stuff. Have you heard of Ocean College Dive center? They are located in teh Hote, Hilton Sharm Waterfalls.

pilot fish:
Great stuff. Have you heard of Ocean College Dive center? They are located in teh Hote, Hilton Sharm Waterfalls.

Yes, I dove with them a few time 3-5 years ago. They were efficient, safe and friendly. Sharm is very very busy and the jetty area is very very congested so it is important to get an organised dive centre. It may be worth looking for reports/recommendations on either www.divernet.com or www.yorkshiredivers.co.uk as sharm is very popular with UK divers and there will be reports far more recent than mine.

isurus:
Yes, I dove with them a few time 3-5 years ago. They were efficient, safe and friendly. Sharm is very very busy and the jetty area is very very congested so it is important to get an organised dive centre. It may be worth looking for reports/recommendations on either www.divernet.com or www.yorkshiredivers.co.uk as sharm is very popular with UK divers and there will be reports far more recent than mine.

Were their boats crowded? Thanks for the links, isurus. They are right in the hotel so it would make it easier. They seem to have a high rating with PADI and CDC

pilot fish:
Were their boats crowded? Thanks for the links, isurus. They are right in the hotel so it would make it easier. They seem to have a high rating with PADI and CDC

Their boats are quite busy but then all boats in sharm are pretty busy. One can usually find plenty of space to be on your own whilst on the move and to kit up. The only time this is an issue for me is when everyone needs to jump at once for a drift eg at Ras Mohammed or the Straits of Tiran (both these two trips are highly recommended fyi). Usually the boat will be split into two groups of about 8 and each group will move to the back of the boat and enter the water in quick succession. If you're not used to this it can be a little disconcerting but is the same for the bulk of sharm operators as far as i know.

isurus:
Their boats are quite busy but then all boats in sharm are pretty busy. One can usually find plenty of space to be on your own whilst on the move and to kit up. The only time this is an issue for me is when everyone needs to jump at once for a drift eg at Ras Mohammed or the Straits of Tiran (both these two trips are highly recommended fyi). Usually the boat will be split into two groups of about 8 and each group will move to the back of the boat and enter the water in quick succession. If you're not used to this it can be a little disconcerting but is the same for the bulk of sharm operators as far as i know.

Two groups of 8 is about standard for most places I've dove so that will not be a problem, but when it gets to be 25 divers, and more, on one boat, that is a real pain in the snorkel. I'm waiting to hear from them - Ocean College. Thanks for your help.

pilot fish:
I've gotten a recommendation to dive with Camel Divers. Anyone else ever dove with them?
My diving club dove with Camel for a week, some three years ago. No complaints. It's a professional outfit.

I'm going with Dive Africa next week. That's a much smaller operation, but so are the groups. I've never felt crowded on their boats, and some days my buddy and I had the guide to ourselves. And the price is right :wink:

ArthurGerla:
My diving club dove with Camel for a week, some three years ago. No complaints. It's a professional outfit.

I'm going with Dive Africa next week. That's a much smaller operation, but so are the groups. I've never felt crowded on their boats, and some days my buddy and I had the guide to ourselves. And the price is right :wink:

That sounds good.

Are you saying Camel Divers might be crowded? That's the reason I was going to avoid using the in hotel dive op, Ocean College, but if Camel divers is the same I might as well use the in hotel op? Thanks for your help Arthur.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom