dive shop loyalty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have a special situation. Our dive group at our store is the "Beaver Family Divers". Do you know what you call a group of Beavers?

Again, I feel that you need to move on to another store.

Around here we call it a trappers dream payday.

Surprised this hasn't been asked. At least not from what ive read so far. What do you consider "shady"? I'm kinda playing devils advocate here but there are some practices that are common in the sales world that the layperson would probably consider shady. For example, every year we see those black Friday commercials ( at least in the US) advertising "up to 30% off" and such. What happens a lot of the time is that the store will raise the list price for the duration of the sale so the % off will make less of a difference. You still might be saving money but perhaps as much as expected. However, if a shop is selling goods and/or services that are unsafe or straight up lying to you, that is something else altogether.

Dive safe

Um, maybe I misunderstood but scenario #1 IS straight up lying and IS a shady/scam practice, layman or not. Granted unsafe equipment and practices trumps them all but if I got a behind the scenes look and my LDS and found such deceptive sales practices I would not only run out the door I would do it while letting every diver I know know that they have been getting ripped off there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom